cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay App - NO REQUEST TOTAL OPTION FOR CHECKOUT

Alright ebay world who else has been dealing with this for 18 months+ while ebay says " we have our engineers and IT working on it " since February 2019 !!

So a little background. Im a 25 year ebay member with 100% feedback at 15000+ since 1998. I sell in one of ebays founding categories....sports cards collectables and autographs.

I have 6000 listings+. People can not checkout with correct shipping on the ebay App With multiple purchases. I have at least 3-5 people a week not knowing how to request an invoice. Mostly newee members or with low feedback ( under 200 ). It took me a long time to figure out how to request an invoice. Ebay reps have no clue !! Some buyers have been so grateful for me and said I should be on ebay payroll.

So a typical day for a customer browsing thru my store and spending an hour or 2/3 hours loking thru cards and clicking ADD TO CART. Like a flea market getting deals. Then they go to check out and it shows 24 x $1.39. Ebay created this app for 100 million people on 7 CONTINENTS and you cant even check out properly? I have had to give clear directions and screen shots directing buyers to go to ebay.com on Google Chrome or Internet Browser to their shopping cart. In big blue letters it says REQUEST TOTAL.

Some People can figure this out. Others pay and I refund shipping overages. While some get completely upset , abandon shopping cart and leave ebay all together due to being to complex while wasting 2 hours clicking add to cart.  

Ebay reps have no clue what I am talking about. They dont even care to listen or try to figure it out. " I will pass this info on to my team and meeting ".....ok.....The reps actually get frustrated and irritated usually saying something like " Why dont you turn on your automatic settings so they dont have to reuqest invoice". Well Captain, I sell a lot of different size and weight items.  There is No way for ebay robots to decide what type of card or weight and size to give accurate shipping. Its like the reps are specially trained on the verbatim they say and dont comprehend anything else.

Must be other sellers dealing with same issues on ebay App....I believe ebay is not fixing this on purpose. Ebay is collecting thousands of dollars a day in 10% shipping fees off wrong high shipping charges. I know this is true as its happening to my customers. Some buyers dont care and just pay. Others have more money then me and you and will pay whatever. Those are the people ebay are preying upon. Why would ebay not put a REQUEST TOTAL option on the App As it does on its webpage?? Hmmmmmmmm

I cant fathom how ebay trains their reps. These people make $15 an hour +. When you sign up for an ebay store it clearly says " dedicated customer service ". Ive told ebay time and time this is wrong. There is no dedicated service. The reps literally have an attitude when its their job to try and resolve issues. I usually ask them if they need a break, a cigarette or day off. Maybe weak coffee? I dont know. I do know the service is terrible. If you gonna be do disgruntled, argumentive and defensive why work for ebay as a customer rep? Also tired of hearing and now seeing in emails, ebay regurgitated word for word verbatim answers. You can't even get help. ebay has the reps trained to reply with 10 different scenario replies. You never truly get an accurate answer or help.

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0