cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developer: GET RID OF THE OBNOXIOUS SORT/FILTER BUTTON

The ebay app must have updated on my phone tonight 7/6/20. Many of the Sort/Filter menus are different, and your addition of the absolutely ANNOYING giant blue sort/filter button that pops up from the bottom when searching is HORRIBLE. NOT NEEDED! I swear you guys change things just to change things. Please stop making unnecessary changes. GET RID OF THE BUTTON. It is so distracting and pointless when searching listings. Wow. 

Message 1 of 76
latest reply
75 REPLIES 75

Re: Developer: GET RID OF THE OBNOXIOUS SORT/FILTER BUTTON

If you are using the eBay app, the Sort & Filter button that appears at the bottom of the screen can be hidden using the "Hide" option in the Filter menu under Customization as pictured and described above.

However, it appears that eBay has recently added the Sort & Filter button to the mobile browser version of the eBay search page. If you are using a mobile browser, there is no "hide" option in the filter menu.

If you are using a mobile browser, one possible option you can use to avoid the Sort & Filter button is to load the desktop version of the page.

If you are using a mobile browser that allows you to install uBlock Origin, such as Firefox on an Android phone, it is possible to install that extension and then use the "element picker" function to highlight the Sort & Filter button and create a rule that will block that button from appearing in the future.

Message 16 of 76
latest reply

20 year ebay customer ready to close my account over this stupidity. 

Message 17 of 76
latest reply

@natmann 

Can you please let us know what the issue is? It looks like you are using an iPhone and the ebay app, we have steps above how to hide this button. 

Message 18 of 76
latest reply

It was gone for a half hour today. I was beyond happy. Browsed in peace! Signed into my account. Signed out. Back again! Please just remove this feature from mobile. Period.

Message 19 of 76
latest reply

Ebay. Steps above do not work. You need to remove it. It was gone earlier today and now is back. Please take this off mobile. 

It was such a relief to browse in peace.

Message 20 of 76
latest reply

@247champion 

Thanks for the screen shot. It looks like this is something that is being tested for the mobile browsers. We will be sending your feedback over to them. If you do install the app you can turn that off, not sure if that is an option for you.

Thanks

Message 21 of 76
latest reply

Thank you for sending it over. Hopefully it will be gone soon.

Message 22 of 76
latest reply

I normally shop at Amazon. I've been buying a few things on Ebay latley,but if this isn't removed I'm done with eBay! 

Message 23 of 76
latest reply

This is not the app, it is Safari on iPhone.  You cannot hide the button.  Please look at my other multiple replies.

Trav

Message 24 of 76
latest reply

Will people STOP REFERRING TO THE APP, this is not an app problem, ITS WITH THE MOBILE BROWSER!!!!!!!

Message 25 of 76
latest reply

Exactly. Mobile. No help. Still there. Still annoying.

Message 26 of 76
latest reply

THIS FILTER ADDITION THAT HAS POPPED UP ON PAGE IS LUDICROUS 

DISTRACTS TO SAY THE LEAST

FIRE WHOEVER AUTHORISED  IT

SHOULD NOT HAVE TO SPEND TIME AND ENERGY TO FIX THEIR MISTAKE IN INSTALLING IT WASN'T NEEDED

JUST USELESS DISTRACTS VIEWING PAGE 

DOESN'T ALLOW IT TO BE CUSTOMISED AT ALL ON MY  APP

Message 27 of 76
latest reply

Is this some type of corporate designed to force us onto your APP ???

I will not comply.

I will not make a purchase till this is gone.

I am a technician, and will spend hours scanning listings looking for a clever solution for an issue.

I can't anymore.

Remove this assault to our sensibility...

This evil manipulation is unacceptable.

(Maybe your not evil... Maybe we are too stupid to use the buttons at the top of the page.)

Message 28 of 76
latest reply

I have a Samsung galaxy and i cant get this stupid blue bar removed,if you eant my business remove it!

Message 29 of 76
latest reply

If you are in the ebay app this an be turned off by doing the following.

1. tap filter

2. tap customize

3. tap Hide Sort & Filter button

If you are on the mobile website there is no way to hides this. If you are on the mobile website and are not a fan of this button let us know and we will send that feedback to our search designers.

Message 30 of 76
latest reply