cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developer: GET RID OF THE OBNOXIOUS SORT/FILTER BUTTON

The ebay app must have updated on my phone tonight 7/6/20. Many of the Sort/Filter menus are different, and your addition of the absolutely ANNOYING giant blue sort/filter button that pops up from the bottom when searching is HORRIBLE. NOT NEEDED! I swear you guys change things just to change things. Please stop making unnecessary changes. GET RID OF THE BUTTON. It is so distracting and pointless when searching listings. Wow. 

Message 1 of 76
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Developer: GET RID OF THE OBNOXIOUS SORT/FILTER BUTTON

If you are in the ebay app this an be turned off by doing the following.

1. tap filter

2. tap customize

3. tap Hide Sort & Filter button

If you are on the mobile website there is no way to hides this. If you are on the mobile website and are not a fan of this button let us know and we will send that feedback to our search designers.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 30 of 76
latest reply
75 REPLIES 75

@strwars77 

Thanks for the feedback. If you do not like the filter button we have added a way to turn this off.

1. Tap filter

2. Scroll to the bottom and tap customize

3. Tap "Hide Sort & Filter Button"

Let us know if that works.

Message 2 of 76
latest reply

Omg I could not agree more. It’s so distracting I can’t even concentrate on what I’m looking at. !!! Just ridiculous.  

Message 3 of 76
latest reply

Ok I have tried clicking on the blue filter button and do not see a customize option to get rid of this 

Message 4 of 76
latest reply

Is that an actual solution or your idea of funny?  Please provide a way to hide the sort/filter button, so it doesn’t float in the middle of the screen.

Message 5 of 76
latest reply

If you are using the eBay app, try clicking "Filter" side of the blue button (or the Filter menu at the top of the search results).

If you scroll all the way down through the Filter options you should see "Customize" at the bottom of the list. Select that. You should have an option to hide the Sort / Filter button that appears at the bottom of your search results.

Message 6 of 76
latest reply

Oh please help me get rid of this thing!!! I can't use ebay on my phone until you guys get this STUPID blue button off my screen. And perhaps fire the person who thought this was a good idea! 

Message 7 of 76
latest reply

THERE IS NO CUSTOMIZE OPTION. VIEW IS AT THE BOTTOM. THAT IS IT. DOES NOT HELP. ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS?

Message 8 of 76
latest reply

I agree this is beyond distracting and unnecessary. Please get rid of it or will be forced to close account.

Or please tell us how to get rid of it.

Message 9 of 76
latest reply

No...this did not work...please get rid of it...people know how to use the sort at the top!!!

Why would you put a blue box over the search results!!! 

Just, please stop with your idiotic ideas...whos in charge now...marissa Mayer...did you all come from yahoo??

Message 10 of 76
latest reply

@johnsherwood251 @strwars77 @bugjamm @247champion 

These steps will hide the floating button

1. Tap filter

2. Scroll to the bottom and tap customize

3. Tap "Hide Sort & Filter Button"

Message 11 of 76
latest reply

No. You can't scroll lower than view. DOES NOT EXIST. Not helping. You can only hit Filter and scroll down to View. There is no ability to scroll lower. No Customize can be seen or reached.

Message 12 of 76
latest reply

@247champion 

Please share a screen shot of your filter panel open so we can look into why this is happening. Please let us know what version of the app you have installed and if you are on an iPhone or iPad.

Message 13 of 76
latest reply

On Android mobile phone. No ebay app installed. I see no way of inserting screen shot just connecting to a URL when hit attachments.

Message 14 of 76
latest reply