cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy and paste

Why can I no longer copy the ebay item number to paste. I hold my finger on the number but no longer get the copy option???

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Copy and paste

Try clearing cookies and cache.  If that fails, try a different browser.  Firefox works for that.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

No option to clear the pm app. I. Using an iPad and Safari . I can copy and paste your reply. I have the same issue on the iPhone. When I open in safari it’s wants to copy the item number as a phone number.. same on my wife’s iPad.  Same with images in the ebay app.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Apple is very different and not everything works the same or right on it.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

It worked for years until this past week 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I am having the same issue.

I can’t help thinking that they are trying to discourage sniping. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I can’t help thinking that they are trying to discourage sniping.

eBay explicitly allows sniping, so that is unlikely to be the reason why you cannot copy and paste.

Since the problem only seems to affect iOS users, it seems more likely that a recent change made by eBay or Apple has had the unintended consequence of preventing copying and pasting in the usual manner.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Same darn problem. Used to be able to copy UPCs with the iPhone app and now it no longer works as of a week or so ago. This is super annoying. Touching text or numbers to display a copy option has become a basic function pretty much everywhere. How can eBay somehow remove this? Has anyone found a solution or contacting eBay tech support?

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Just started having a similar

problem today April 10, 2024 on the eBay App for iPad !  I know there was a recent IOS update, but this has never happened before, and cut and paste works fine in any other App.   HELP!!

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply