cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot rename saved searches on eBAY US site help

I can't rename saved searches when I'm on the US site of the eBAY IOS app.

When I switch to the UK site of the ebay app (IOS) it allows me to rename the saved search

Any ideas on how to solve this please

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Cannot rename saved searches on eBAY US site help

Any ideas please ?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Not sure about the iOS version of the eBay app, but the Android version allows you to name a search when it is initially saved.

You may be able to unsave a search using the app, save it again immediately and rename it that way.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@oasion45 

Thanks for the report. We have recently made some changes around saved searches. Can you let us know why you use the custom naming option? The saved search list should now show more details about category and filters used with the saved searches. Please contact us at iosfeedback@ebay.com so we can get more details on how you use your save searches.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Custom saved search names can be tremendously useful for differentiating between several searches that use similar keywords but that have other different settings.

Not to mention that the default naming convention sometimes produces search names that are somewhat less than helpful:

eburtonlab_0-1623167662701.png

eburtonlab_1-1623167755293.png

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Another benefit to being able to custom name a search is that you can get rid of the excess terms added when you're narrowing a search down to a certain item, or when you have to put an item's model in quotes.  As an example, I've been searching for a Dual 1019 turntable.  I have to use quotes to encapsulate the model name as a search term.  If I then subsequently save the search, it winds up being at the top of my list, instead of alphabetically organized.

This issue seems to have spread to the desktop website as well.  Can't choose a custom name for the search as I used to, when I'm using Firefox on my computer.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply