cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App won't work on new chromebook

I purchased a new chromebook mainly to use for apps such as this and cannot get ebay to do anything except open up to a screen that says eBay then it more or less immediately freezes. I have uninstalled the app twice and put it back on as well as double checked for updates, any help? 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: App won't work on new chromebook

Why would you use an app? I have a Chromebook and added eBay as a bookmark right in the toolbar. Never had a problem.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: App won't work on new chromebook

Make sure you have the latest version of the eBay app. Try uninstalling the eBay app, restarting your Chromebook, then installing the latest version of the eBay app from the Google Play Store. You may have to check to make sure you have the latest version of Google Play Services and Google Play Store to get the latest version of the eBay app. Sometimes new devices have old versions pre-installed. See here:

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/9037938?hl=en

If that does not help, try using a browser to go to ebay.com instead.

If you find the eBay browser links are automatically opening in the eBay app, you can disable that feature.

The last time I used a Chromebook, the following worked to change the default app behavior:

Open Chromebook Settings, scroll down to Google Play Store and select it. Select "Manage Android Preferences". From there go to Apps: eBay: Open by default: Open supported links and choose: "Don't open in this app". Then back out of the settings and you should be all set.

Or else, open Chromebook Settings, and select Apps. Select "Manage your Apps". From there go to eBay: More Settings: Advanced: Open by default: Open supported links: "Don't open in this app".

Message 3 of 3
latest reply