cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android app not supported on older systems

If you have been notified that your eBay app is no longer supported here are some steps to get the latest version onto your device. To get the most up to date version you need to have Android 6 or higher on your device.

Android 6 and up get the latest version from the Google Play store

Android 5 get an older version from the Google Play store and we recommend you upgrade your system to Android 5.1.1.

Android 4 and below we recommend using the Chrome browser and visit ebay.com.

If there are difficulties getting the update to download please try the following:

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/9037938?hl=en

Thank you

Message 1 of 142
latest reply
141 REPLIES 141

Re: Android app version no longer supported

why cant you suport older phones is it because you hate the poor disabled and elderly and people of color why would.you do something so nasty to your customers this must be some kinda joke you can suport older phones you have been doing it for years now so get your head out of your back side and fix the flipping app and web site

Message 76 of 142
latest reply

I have been told that my tablet is not able to use the ebay app as the operating system is not new enough. I cannot get a newer system on my tablet. That works fine and is still one of the best out there. I am very dissapointed with this scenario and as I am a very frequent  ebay user I feel let down and I am sure I am not alone.

Please reconsider or amazon will be getting a lot more business.

Message 77 of 142
latest reply

Had the same problem on my s5 today to get round it 

Go to Google crome load eBay log on 

Click on the three dots top right and add to home screen

This will give you a one click icon to eBay

This works on my old tablet

Message 78 of 142
latest reply

That's not a great alternative because the app offers a lot of functionality that using eBay through a browser doesn't.

For example, whenever a new item appears in a saved search that search shows a blue dot next it. You can look at the auction right then rather than wait for the daily search emails which may arrive after the item has already sold.

You can't replicate that on the website. I'm sure there are dozens of similar examples, but even old versions of the app are more robust than eBay.com and easier to navigate.
Message 79 of 142
latest reply

Really ebay?? Why would you deprive customers who use older devices the right to access your app? I know i wont use ebay as much without having such easy access. Not everyone can afford to update devices, i'm sure most shoppers on ebay are looking to buy things cheaper than what it costs in-store and keep more dollars in our pocket! Why would you guys assume we can afford the most up to date tech devices?? Very disappointed ebay, i'm a long term dedicated ebay user,  i will now be looking at online purchases with other competitors because feels like ebay doesn't care bout genuine hard working people struggling with finances 

Message 80 of 142
latest reply

Going through crome then eBay then adding to your home page does give you a one click icon to access eBay

It might not have all the features the app has but it gets you to eBay with one click

And let's you buy stuff what more do you want

Perhaps an app that works but don't we all 

Message 81 of 142
latest reply

I got the same alert on Version 5.29.011.  Can the R&D team solve it? 微信图片_20200611161809.jpg

Message 82 of 142
latest reply

There's nothing to solve. This is by design. eBay thought the best thing to do in the midst of the Covid crisis would be shut off the ability of millions of unemployed and underemployed people to earn a living.

Timing of this really is cruel and inhumane
Message 83 of 142
latest reply

ebay managers don't care... they have Super Iphones, Super Ipads, Cadillacs and Rolls Royces...

Message 84 of 142
latest reply

if you cant fix the flipping app role back the old one that worked what a bunch of haters ebay hates its poor and elderly and disabled they sit there in there bay area hate holes spewing hate at every person they see just to go home on there free ride monster bus that ruins the trafic in tiny streets making everyone else wait up to a hour then go to ther poop coverd porch step over a homeless person just to sit in there poopie house and go back to there hate box to spew more hate now that i brake it down i see why there such **bleep**s
Message 85 of 142
latest reply

sorry but what the actual hell? how can you simply decide to not support your app on android? instead of the ease of opening the app i now have to open google and type in the web address and log in??? are you crazy. i can't see myself doing this. As a side note the app is no longer working on my iPad and the store says the app is no longer available in Australia? what an excellent business suicide plan you have come up with....

Message 86 of 142
latest reply

Sinceramente non ho capito nulla!! 

Ho android 4...come faccio ad utilizzare l'app la versione non è più supportata? 

Message 87 of 142
latest reply

It really is ridiculous.

I guess eBay has too many users, and wants to alienate some of us?

Doesn't make any sense at all.

Message 88 of 142
latest reply

Android 6 and up get the latest version from the Google Play store

Android 5 get an older version from the Google Play store and we recommend you upgrade your system to Android 5.1.1.

Android 4 and below we recommend using the Chrome browser and visit ebay.com.

I have upgraded my Phone to the latest version of Android which is Version 4.4 and there are no more Updates for My Android Phone. My Cell Phone is only 3 yrs old and Works Great. I will not buy another Phone just to Use Your App. The App was working Great and then with the new Ebay update Bingo nothing works and it is Very Sad!! More and More Sellers and Buyers will be affected and Ebay sales will tank which will affect the Ebay Company in the long Run $$$.  When you see a Page Count of 65 with the Same Problems Yes it does not take a Rocket Scientist to Connect the dots. I use Turbo Lister and that will be coming to an end soon and now Ebay App will end if changes are not made for the Majority of people that use the app.  Now if Ebay wants to send me a Free Phone so I can use the App that would be Great. I was wondering if Ebay has ever Used Beta Testers Cause with each updates there are always Problems and That been Going on For Years. If Something works and doing Great, Do not Try to fix it going to Lead to Problems. The app was made to work with your phone with ease of use and not have to open a Browser And as Far as Chrome Will not use it and Never Liked it, Too Buggy!! Sound Like a Plug for Google Chrome Browser oh, that might be all phones use now or can use.   As a Seller I pay enough to Ebay, other fees, and I do not need to buy something that should be Free (SixBit oh 6mths free Trail,  what a joke and I am not laughing ) for the Buyers and Sellers. I have a Viking Pro which I never used and it has Android 5.0 on it and You Recommend 5.1.1. and Has been Updated and no more Updates - Android 5.0 . Thanks for Your Time 🙂

Message 89 of 142
latest reply

All my devices right down too android 4.2.2 phones/tablets worked fine on ebay app before version 3, every update since then has been broken.

No option to use an older version anymore was the worst decision ever made for us not in a position to upgrade every year and now you need 5.1.1 or higher...why would any business limit its customer bank lol

Saved me a fortune over the last few years so guess I should thank you guys for fekking this once great app R.I.P. ebay😆😆😆

Message 90 of 142
latest reply