cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What era is this Ike jacket?

I'm thinking it's Korean war ear, but not sure.  I normally collect WW2 WAC garb.  I don't have the jacket in hand, just these pictures.  Any guesses as to value?  Size 42 I think.  thanks!Ike1.jpgike2.jpgike3.jpgIke4.jpg

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: What era is this Ike jacket?

Hard to tell.  Could be anywhere from 1950 through 1957.  The cuff buttons were removed in 1950.  The 'Ike" jacket was pretty well removed from service by 1957.

Couple of questions to narrow down the years:

Is the collar closable?  

Is there a sewn in tag with the stock number?

Nice bit of history you have there!

Pay attention. China is going to win it all!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Hard to tell.  Could be anywhere from 1950 through 1957.  The cuff buttons were removed in 1950.  The 'Ike" jacket was pretty well removed from service by 1957.

Couple of questions to narrow down the years:

Is the collar closable?  

Is there a sewn in tag with the stock number?

Nice bit of history you have there!

Pay attention. China is going to win it all!
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thank you.  I just saw your reply.  I must have missed the notification or maybe I didn't get one.  The jacket was listed in vintage clothing, not militaria, and I was considering rescuing it but ended up not buying it.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I can tell you that the one patch is seven steps to hell, because it was on my fathers Army shirt from 1963-65 he did 2 years in Germany.  A lot of shooting guns driving deuce and a halves and drinking of German been went down, I am 100% sure it was epic.  I would have bought that jacket at the right price. 🙂 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply