cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WWII FIRST AID KIT

HAVE A WWII FIRST AID MEDICAL KIT WOULD LIKE TO LIST. CAN I SELL WITH THE CONTENTS STILL IN IT?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

WWII FIRST AID KIT

Depends on contents. Morphine? Probably can't sell it.
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

WWII FIRST AID KIT

WWII FIRST AID MEDICAL KIT. CAN I LIST IT WITH-  KIP- BURN MED,  EYE  DRESSIN G WITH BORIC ACID OINTMENT, ANTISEPTIC, AMMONIA INHALANTS,  BANDAGES, AND COMPRESSES. I SEE OTHER MILITARY MED. KITS LISTED WITH ITEMS IN IT.   IF SO,  DO I NOTE FOR HISTOEIC COLLECTING USE ONLY?

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

WWII FIRST AID KIT

What dates your kit back to WWII?

Not meaning to be rude,  Items are often erroneously listed as WWII items simply by virtue of being "old".  The vast majority of military field gear was little changed from WWII to about the mid-point of the Viet Nam war.  

If you can post a pic or two, showing stock or part numbers, the date range can be confirmed.

Pay attention. China is going to win it all!
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

WWII FIRST AID KIT

FIRST TIME ASKING THE COMMUNITY FOR HELP WITH AN ISSUE.  I DON'T KNOW HOW TO POST PHOTOS HERE?

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

WWII FIRST AID KIT

You can upload pictures by clicking on the "Choose Files" button on the bottom left of your reply window.

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

WWII FIRST AID KIT

I tried putting up photos 3 times. I have no file button on screen, but clicked the help and I think I got it figured out!

Thank you Speedwaydog for helping me with this.  This med kit was given to me to sell from my brother. It came from my uncles estate. My uncle was in WWII, but he was also a collector of many things, so who knows where he got this.  Any help is appreciated!

WWII?WWII?WWII?

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

WWII FIRST AID KIT

The canister you see in the photos is what my uncle had this kit stored in.  I will check mesages when get home from work and post more photos if needed.

Thanks Again.........

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

WWII FIRST AID KIT

Found it!    Not a military item, but possibly older than you thought.    Bullard was a manufacturer of safety and survival equipment for many years.  Some pics to compare at the link below.   

http://www.stewartsmilitaryantiques.com/personal-items-us-1930s-civilian-vehicle-first-aid-kit-conte...

Not sure why your pictures posted so small, but it was enough to work with.  

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

WWII FIRST AID KIT

Thanks!  The canvas roll up looks right and the type of items are right, but the items in the one I have look older? I cant seem to find a date on any of the items in this kit.  Sorry photos so small. I will do over with larger photos.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

WWII FIRST AID KIT

med kit med kit med kit

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

WWII FIRST AID KIT

The cylinder appears to be part of the kit.  Looks as if Bullard and "The California Company" were one and the same. 

They may be able to get you more specific information than I can.

http://www.bullard.com/V3/company/contact/

Looks like you are getting the picture thing figured out.  Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

WWII FIRST AID KIT

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP.  I HAVE A DIRECTION TO GO IN TO TRY TO FIND MORE INFO. NOW THANKS TO YOU!

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

WWII FIRST AID KIT

You're technically not allowed to sell health & beauty products that are expired or have no expiration date listed. I've sold several vintage airline amenity kits & I always warn against using the toiletries due to age. So far I haven't had any problems. If I were going to sell the item you have I would indicate I was selling it for collecting purposes only. You might want to check with the shipping carrier you use to see if they have restrictions on any of the items.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein
Message 14 of 14
latest reply