Militaria Collectors
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

18th/19th C. Sword or Dagger Hilt?

Hi eveyone, Can you all please help? Below is an unmarked, but tested silver and gold sword or dagger hilt. Any thoughts on the possible age, origin and type? -----> 18th/19th century U.S. Officer's??? Size approx: 5-1/4 x 1-3/4 in. Weight approx: 7+...

Barbed wire pin or brooch - does it stand for POW?

I came across several small lapel pins in old jewelry boxes. They look like a little knot of barbed wire. Does anyone know what they mean? Could they be POW related?The only other ones I can find on ebay is this: http://m.ebay.com/itm/371137421834htt...

Pin has me stumped...

Ebay needs to do something a bit better than what they have going on now with the boards ~ I had to use google just to find this category~ Hi all~ My mom recently passed away and while going through her home, I ran across this pin. The writing is in ...

DSCF1221.JPG DSCF1217.JPG

MILITARY PHOTO

Can anyone identify origin of this old photo of what looks like naval officers taking pistol practice on what looks like a ship? Bottom left has two words written inwhite lettering but I can't read them. Also back of photo says Practice on ? (can't r...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Is this locket/photo Civil War era?

Hi, My brother recently found this among our parents' stuff. No idea who the person is but assume a relative. Does the photo look Civil War? As far as we know, a few family members fought for the Union, but this guy doesn't look like any of them. Any...

locket_pic_hair.jpg locket_othersidewithkey.jpg

N-1 Jacekt Coat Help Identifying

So I picked up this cool N-1 Deck Jacket but it does not appear to have all tags. Or does it? So I am seeing the vertical farbric lines that I have read a little about to confirm it is Military issue right? It has a round shaped EMAR Zipprer Pull. It...