cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infrequent Posts/Reads by Members

daggerdenman
Enthusiast
I have only been a "Member" of this group for a few days but have noticed that the subjects of past posts were germane but it appears that no one comes to this site at least not very often. Am I missing something or what? What could be done, if anything, to rekindle interest in this site so the members would feel more tempted to "come back"? I think that we as a whole have genuine concerns as I've seen and it would be nice to reawaken that which at one time at least,the spirit of this site.
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

If you can figure out how to increase participation, I am all ears!!!!
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Honestly, I had no idea that this group would grow to so many members. Granted there are only about 3 or 4 dozen active members who post on a regular basis. But those memebers make up a wealth of knowledge that cannot be had anywhere else.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

daggerdenman
Enthusiast
Eagle, just wonder if you have the capability as Honcho, to create a "Mass mailing?" If so, you could create one and ask for participation. Yes? Tell them that we have new members and we would really like more input, ie: questions/answers/get to know each other, etc. The "get to know" coud be a short collector autobiography of each interested member. Just thoughts.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

The answer to the first part of your question, is yes, I can send an e-mail to all of the members of the group. I have sent the type of message in the past encouraging increased participation and have had mixed results. I also belong to a group where we get e-mails every other day from the moderator soliciting posts and it get old very fast.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

daggerdenman
Enthusiast
Sure that really would get old fast! However, say a mass mailing once a month couldn't hurt, but I don't know having been a "member" for only a few days. It would seem, after going back into the posts, that there hasn't been any action in an awfully long time. Of course, most people work and as such, have a limited time to do this stuff. Whatever you feel is best IS BEST! You've been here a long time I know. Regards, Lloyd
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

knifefan0
Enthusiast
I agree that regular participation by the group's members would be great. Unfortunately, with all the diverse interests and demands on our time, this is sometimes difficult. I, for one, will continue to visit this site in hopes of increased posts, and increased knowledge. Maybe others will follow suit. We can always hope and encourage. Mike
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

daggerdenman
Enthusiast
Hi Mike! In agreement 100%. I am retired, or is it......"retarded?" Oh I guess a bit of both anymore! One day I will put on a few bits about what I collect and go from there.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

If anyone has suggestions or text of what they would like to see sent out to members on a regular or semi-regular basis, please feel free to send it to me. If I decide to use it, believe me, you will get full credit for the idea!!!!
Message 9 of 9
latest reply