cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Father and son medal collection

I acquired a collection of medals and awards that belonged to a man that passed away a few years ago. In this collection are both, his medals from ww2 and his sons medals from viet nam. His son was killed in a helicopter crash in nam. My question is, how should these be listed? Should I list them separately by person or do they hold more value to the collectors if they are listed as a whole, as a father son collection? Most of the medals are inscribed with their names on the back and both men had earned bronze stars. There is also some letters signed by presidents and some pictures to go along with it. Any help on how to list would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Father and son medal collection

IMHO a family grouping like this should be kept together. It is sad that the family doesn't still have it, but I bet there is a collector out there who will treasure this grouping and give it the care and respect it deserves

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I collect military items, including groupings and I always try to keep items together. I think a larger story can be told by keeping the father and son's items together and as such I'd be willing to pay more. What medals are with the group? You said the son was killed in a helicopter crash so there is the possibility a Purple Heart was issued. If so, you will have difficulty listing it on eBay.

Best,

Ben

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Keep it as a grouping.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply