cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refunds when you don't Refund

Hi Community, I have gotten some good feedback in the past so I'm back again to get a straight answer. I offer no Refunds on my new and used items. I give accurate descriptions, answer any questions and ship in a timely fashion. But these scam artists are coming out of the woodworks. ( First understand, I stop the returns years ago because of an item I sold and the buyer said didn't work and wanted a refund. He sent back the item but not the one I sent him. Mine had my initials on it, that he overlooked. He sent back his that didn't work and when I advised never heard from him again) With that said, I recently have had a buyer pay for shipping and then ask me to certify the package for signature out of my pocket to make sure she got it. I said no cause item was already shipped and buyer picks up that cost. Naturally after showing delivered 2 days later she claimed she didn't get it. Numerous emails back and forth but I stood ground I was not refunding. Eventually her item showed up, her story was it was delivered to her neighbor who held on to it for days. Then I had the bidder who was blocked from bidding for Non Pays who was harassing me about changing my settings and doing a deal outside of ebay for him to get one of my auctions. He only had 5 Feedback and already Non Pay Strikes. Again I would not go against Ebay policy. Then I have the women asking for a refund because the PO delivered in a plastic bag soaking wet and accused me of shipping that way. Obviously if that was true, then PO damaged, but this went flat rate and was insured. All she had to do was send me a pic, or return. She wasn't doing either, just sending harassing emails how upset she was and requesting money back. Now I have a bidder who purchased a dress and a week after recieving I'm getting a request for Refund through Ebay because the dress was misrepresented. Her reasoning was ALL lies and I guess it took her a week to come up with some of this. Dress was washed and dried (her perfume smell was Gain detergent and laundry sheets) My size measurements flat were 20" she stated 38" (That would be a 76 bust, ah my pic nor dress was that big) And the fabric label was in Asian. This is the scapegoat she used to request refund. Before I wash anything I record the info on the labels in case it washes out. This dress the english label washed out, but the asian label was still intact. When I got the Retun request from Ebay, I immediately called.because I thought was suspicious. The Rep told me if I didn't refund I would have a ding against my account. That fumed me more because how can Ebay penalize the seller, especially someone who has strived for excellent service when I don't accept refunds and no one can answer straight forward? Anyway I was so put out I refunded her for the item but then I asked for escalation. Although this rep was nice, she saw I had already refunded so she said I wouldn't be penalized. But the question I still have is, if I don't refund, since my account doesn't accept refunds am I still penalized?  YES or NO?  I understand there are policies in place with every business, and I also understand there may be sellers out there not representing the way they should be, but that's not ME but it's like Ebay protects the Bidder more than the Seller. I don't want to be held hostage to refunding for an out right lie or getting negative feedback (which the buyer can give but not the seller)  This was already resolved the same day I got the notification, but was drawn up again today by another email from EBay so I called again. This rep says she sees item was refunded and she would escalate to have this case closed. Please advise. Thanks so much! 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)