cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not listening to veteran sellers

I guess I will jump on this board with a shame on you ebay for not listening to the veteran sellers.  Really was hoping for announcement saying due to the response of sellers we are putting the duration of listings back the way they were. 

Since the anouncement about GTC I have been reading the complaints from sellers that are upset over having 7, 10 and 30 day duration fixed price options ending and the only choice for duration is GTC forced 30 day roll over.  Many of the sellers that have voiced their opinion are sellers with over 10 years or more experienced with selling on Ebay.   The ebay people who make decisions should have listened to what these sellers had to say.  It perplexes me that Ebay does not bother to listen to the advice of the people that have sold on this platform for years. 

Why don´t their opinions matter?  Who did it harm to have those choices? People who want GTC durations had that choice.  People who did not want to have their items roll over had that choice. Personally it worked well for me to know that I could choose which listings I wanted to roll over and choose those I wanted to end automatically in a specific time frame.   

I am coping.  I have always been a small seller.  I know that I can end the listings prior to the listing rolling over but it is a PITA.  It is just the idea that what was working great - the option of choice of duration, is no longer a choice.  The people that complained made that clear that we did not want this and the powers that be at Ebay have refused to  listen.  

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: Not listening to veteran sellers

@lastade* wrote:

@compassion_matters502 wrote:

For me having that 30 day duration option just made listing easier to do for the type of items that I sell.  

This exactly how I feel. I don't want to find the work around. I want my items to end in 30 days. that is how I managed my store. My sales have dropped significantly since GTC. I am moving on to other sites. 

Message 31 of 39
latest reply

GTC have caused me so much more work!!! I have to check when they renew every day... What is this update you talk about? every month? thats the same thing... This all makes no sense... I have been selling on eBay for a lot of years and I have put up with the increases in this and that and we wont talk about postal costs!! This is a sneaky way of taking more of our money... Maybe you should reconsider... We pay for our listings, why cant we choose how long they are put up for!
Message 32 of 39
latest reply

Has eBay EVER listened to the sellers?

Good luck to ALL the small sellers out there!
Message 33 of 39
latest reply

It would be one thing if GTC hadn't diminished sales to almost nothing, one could adapt, but I have had virtually NO sales for 3 weeks since implemented and I know many others have had same.

Message 34 of 39
latest reply

GTC is awesome in my book!

You are correct GTC is awesome for SOME sellers but not all of them. Can you explain how GTC helps the one of a kind sellers who usually sold their items within the first week of the listing but now after the GTC change those same items are sitting stagnant collecting dust?

Message 35 of 39
latest reply

@lastade* wrote:

The only thing I can surmise, based on all of the replies, is that veteran sellers no longer understand what has changed about selling on the internet.  eBay is now one of many many many selling platforms.  Their change to GTC keeps them relevant in the growing selling  platform landscape and means we will all sell more, not less.  Why?  Because a GTC listing keeps it's same product link, making it easier for Google search to put your product at the top.  The old way caused a new link to be created breaking all of the links everywhere your product was being marketed; either by eBay or yourself.  If you aren't marketing and taking advantage of SEO to have your products appear on ANY search engine, not just eBay's search engine, you are missing the boat.  Buyers no longer have the same loyalty to a "brand" like eBay, Amazon, etc.  They more often search for what they are looking for in a general search engine, and buy it on the platform the product they want is located in.  They aren't going directly to eBay to search or directly to Amazon in the way they used to.  This makes your product links extremely important, and makes it extremely important that they remain the same throughout the life of the listing until it is sold.   GTC is awesome in my book!

The thing is about the Google search is that nobody had problems finding all those broken links to my products before March 18....

This is a very good point!

Message 36 of 39
latest reply

@jns12 wrote:
This is a sneaky way of taking more of our money...

GOT YA FEES appear to be the way companies are having to generate revenue to keep Wall Street satisfied these days.

Message 37 of 39
latest reply

Agree wholeheartedly
Message 38 of 39
latest reply

I'm no l;longer using buy it now due to the changes. I was charges numerous relisting fees without my permission. I believe they call this stealing!

Message 39 of 39
latest reply