cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motor Home camping sure is FUN...

grandmawade
Enthusiast
I have found this motor home camping to be lots of fun. Every day is a new experience. I'd like to do it full time only money is an issue. Although we do like free. There are a lot of Free places and things...
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Do you realize what our problem is? We need to be able to afford to do it full-time. There are logistics to figure if we can do it and support ourselves by selling things on eBay. That would be fun. Welcome, by the way. I'm Taz. I'm also a grandma and plan to do a lot of things now that the kids are off on their own! welcome!
At Addicted to Hemp, we do embroidery, sublimation, quilting, painting, sewing, and upholstery with natural fabrics such as hemp, tencel, silk, and cotton. We even dabble in a bit of leather now and then!
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

hot_louie
Enthusiast
Greetings to all, I'm new to RVing, plan to travel all over Southern Cal this year! We had our first outing to Pismo Beach, its a little expensive but lots of fun. We enjoy full hook-ups the best. If you have any recommendations be sure to post them. Louie
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Louie, The CampRats are going to Pismo in September. At which park were you? I think ours is Holiday RV. Let me know. I'm the Wagonmaster and made the reservations without really looking at the park. Flying Flags in Buelton is coming up in July. June is Kenney Grove in Fillmore. October is Morro Bay. Our group always does Thanksgiving in Fillmore again. It's a beautiful little place and close by so we can check on home and still be camping. greetings! taz
At Addicted to Hemp, we do embroidery, sublimation, quilting, painting, sewing, and upholstery with natural fabrics such as hemp, tencel, silk, and cotton. We even dabble in a bit of leather now and then!
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Peacheskurk Glad you joined! Read your about me page and I'm so glad I did! I just got a little portable CB radio. Clue me in, will you? I've got the antenna for the top of my truck (magnetic) and have a blast listening on the CB. I have it on scan all the time and thought I'd use it in case the cell phone didn't work (if I had a problem hauling my trailer or just getting to work, for example). I'm jealous about the bikes. My oldest son got a Harley ElectraGlide (I think that's how you say it). I'd sure love to ride like you and your husband do. Glad to meet you! taz
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

grandmawade
Enthusiast
HI AGAIN, SURE IS NICE TO SEE OTHERS ENJOY TRAVELING IN THE RV THAT THEY LIKE. I CAN HARDLEY WAIT TO GO AGAIN. I'M KEEPING A JOURNAL EVERY PLACE WE GO AND HOW MUCH IT COST. ALSO WHAT I NEED TO TRAVEL WITH, IT'S AMAZING HOW LITTLE THINGS MEAN ALOT. I WANT TO SEND MY ARTICLE TO THE WOMENS MAGAZINE AND SEE IF I COULD MAKE $50.00 ...???IF I CAN THIS MITE BE A THING I COULD DO ON THE RODE?? YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN??? A FEW DOLLARS HERE AND THERE???PAYS FOR THE GAS??HAHAHAHA GLAD TO MEET YOU TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. GRANDMA
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Grandmawade You might take pictures, too, and submit them. Also, if there are special things the RV places have, like pet-friendly and the like, people enjoy reading about that. I remember what it was like when I was a kid - stuffing 7 people in a little camper on the back of my dad's truck. What a great time! Now, I call my trailer my "mental-health". It sure helps to get out on the road and visit other places. Write away to the magazines. The Good Sam publication is published right here in the city where I live. They have all kinds of people writing in! Who knows? It might be your new profession and help you travel all over! Have fun! It's the journey - not the destination! cheers! taz
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

im-nr-ts
Enthusiast
Hi everyone, My name is Shell from Florida and have been enjoying RVing for the last 6 years, with my husband and young son,9. My husband is a fireman(18yrs)and I'm self employed, so we've been able to take off on several 2 week adventures each year. We have not ventured beyond the SE states, but eventually hope to travel west to see the Grand Canyon and beyond. If any of you want recommendations to parks in FL, GA, AL,eastTN,and SC just ask. You meet the nicest people camping and I suspect here will be the same. Shell PS I met a woman who sold her travel articles and photos of the places she camped or visited, to a Florida fishing magazine. My husband and I thought of doing same.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

grandmawade
Enthusiast
HI AGAIN, WE TOOK OUR BIRD AND CAT ON OUR LAST TRIP. MY HUSBAND BUILT A BIRD CAGE OUT OF A 18 GALLON LAUNDRY BASKET. PUT PERCHES IN AND EVERY HOLE SO HE COULD LOOK OUT OF, HE LIKED THE PLASTIC STOVE COVER THOU, WE PUT A RUG OVER THE STOVE AND CIRCLED IT WITH HARD PLASTIC, HE SAT IN THERE WHILE WE WERE AT CAMP. WHAT A TROOPER. THE CAT LIKED MY FRONT SEAT, WHERE HE COULD LOOK OUT THE WINDOW. AT FIRST HE HID UNDER MY CHAIR, BY THE TIME WE WERE ALL MOST HOME 56 DAYS LATER HE WAS WALKING DOWN THE HALLWAY WHILE WE WERE DRIVING. WHAT A PAL.. THE BIRDS NAME IS AMIGO, HE IS A BLUE FRONT AMAZON AND MY CAT IS CALLED RABBIT, SINCE HE HAS PINK EARS. WELL BETTER GET BREAKFAST..TALK LATER..GRANDMA
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

misshistoria
Enthusiast
Had to remark about these postings even though they are from 6 months ago. First of all, I loved hearing about grandmawade's pets. I have a parakeet who will have to ride along when I finally hit the road. Love the name of your cat! Second, as for camping full time and selling on Ebay along the way - that's my plan. I'm a 35 yr old female who sold her house of 8yrs to be self-employed and travel the U.S.A. in a RV. My business is vintage clothing and my passion is travel photography. Surely between the two of them I can make enough for peanut butter sandwiches, gas, and a camping spot in between visits to friends houses. I hope to hear about more adventures from you all. It's very motivating! Best wishes, PJ
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hi, PJ! Yep, it's a slow-going group but we are still hanging in there! Kudos for you with the full-timing. I wish I could. I think you are freeing yourself from the bindings of city life and since you'll be wandering the countryside, you should have a heck of a lot of resources! Great for you! taz
Message 11 of 11
latest reply