cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serpentine bracelet

This bracelet has different markings that leave me confused. On one side the square charm  is stamped "CTO 10k". The other side which is black, appears to have a makers mark? Both ends of the bracelet are stamped "1/.20 14k /gf". The lobster clasp has lc stamped on it. I assume that to be Liz Claiborne. So many different symbols?? Why is the "CTO 10k" even on there? Was that an after thought??

Can someone help me out and put it all together?  Forever greatful TIA.1 002.jpg1 006.jpg1 021.jpg1 031.jpg1 013.jpg 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Serpentine bracelet

First, that is a herringbone style chain, not a serpentine

This appears to be a corporate award.  The square is with the company logo and is made in 10K.  The employee was probably awarded the piece for a certain number of years of service and chose the bracelet instead of a pin.

The bracelet is gold filled.  Gold filled is much better than gold plated because 5% of the weight of the piece is actually the weight of the gold.  That's where the 1/20 comes in. 

The charm is solid 10K.  If you chop through the middle it is still 10K.  The bracelet is gold filled; a base metal layered in a heavy coating of 14K gold.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

First, that is a herringbone style chain, not a serpentine

This appears to be a corporate award.  The square is with the company logo and is made in 10K.  The employee was probably awarded the piece for a certain number of years of service and chose the bracelet instead of a pin.

The bracelet is gold filled.  Gold filled is much better than gold plated because 5% of the weight of the piece is actually the weight of the gold.  That's where the 1/20 comes in. 

The charm is solid 10K.  If you chop through the middle it is still 10K.  The bracelet is gold filled; a base metal layered in a heavy coating of 14K gold.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you so much for such an in depth description. Really appreciated! I always learn something on this forum. Thanks again Thrill-Seeker

Message 3 of 3
latest reply