cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring ID

I have one more for today and can't figure out the maker's mark for the life of me. I got this from my dad ages ago but have no idea where he got it. I think it's a fun vintage fashion/costume piece. I don't see any fine jewelry markings. Are the stones glass?

vintagering1.png

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Ring ID

@shop*my*closet 

Off the top of my head, I had a piece similar to yours at one time, sold it to a jeweler in Vegas. Believe he called it a fantasy statement. With that said and your cartouche of a diamond symbol usually means those are indeed diamonds like mine were. Now your green stones could be synthetic like my blue ones were. 

Your piece looks like brushed gold could be 12k like mine.

I would take this piece to a local jeweler and he'll be able to tell you more, it doesn't cost a lot and it will be worth it, trust me! My piece ended up selling for $1400 about 6 years ago.

Best to you, Silver

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Ring ID

vintagering2.pngvintagering3.pngvintagering4.pngvintagering5.png

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Ring ID

@shop*my*closet 

Off the top of my head, I had a piece similar to yours at one time, sold it to a jeweler in Vegas. Believe he called it a fantasy statement. With that said and your cartouche of a diamond symbol usually means those are indeed diamonds like mine were. Now your green stones could be synthetic like my blue ones were. 

Your piece looks like brushed gold could be 12k like mine.

I would take this piece to a local jeweler and he'll be able to tell you more, it doesn't cost a lot and it will be worth it, trust me! My piece ended up selling for $1400 about 6 years ago.

Best to you, Silver

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Ring ID

Thank you, I will do that. I used to think the ring was "real" but at some point changed my mind. The ring is so distinct and unique - I love it. Sadly it no longer fits which is why I'm considering selling it.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Ring ID

@shop*my*closet 

I understand, I felt the same way with my ring. It was an large initial that was my mom's not mine. But I wore it for 10 years when I went out. It was custom made and had no markings at all but I knew the diamonds were real I just thought the stones were Aquamarine and they weren't. Lol, I still miss it so really make sure before you sell it. I cried alittle after I sold mine. Silver

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Ring ID

I considered getting it sized at one point, but that tree branch texture goes all the way around, so enlarging it would have destroyed that part of it unless I paid a fortune for them to mimic the texture. For now it's in my fireproof safe and will sit there until I can get it evaluated and appraised.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Ring ID

@shop*my*closet 

Good call, lol that's where I kept mine also! Please let me know what you find out!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply