cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Feeling About a Jewelery Sale....

Hi all.

I have a somewhat odd situation I sort of have a bad feeling about and wonder if I should cancel the sale and refund the buyer...purely on gut intuition.

Buyer sent me three offers for three different jewelry items. One was almost reasonable,  two were quite low ball. I wrote the buyer a lovely letter telling him I could not accept the two lowball offers and gave him the far higher counters I would accept. He accepted immediately on all three.

Buyer is in Japan. My worry is that he will get the items and make some spurious claim or complaint knowing that most sellers dont want to pay international return fees....and offer to accept a far lower amount instead, asking for a refund that would be his original offers. Am I right to wonder if I am being scammed? Is this a scam technique or something?

Thanks for any guesses or information,

Sincerely,

Susan

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Many sellers replied to you on the selling board most all the posters that respond on this board are also over there on the Seller's board..

You are obviously welcome to post the same question here but I don't know if the replies will be any different. 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Off-Feeling-About-A-Sale-Scammer-or-Am-I-Paranloid-gt/m-p/3200... 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hi...I posted here also because I was not sure where the question should belong..as it was a jewelry item.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Oh no worries at all..

You are perfectly fine to do so..

Just wanted you to know why this thread may not get a bunch of replies since many already commented on the selling board..

CHEERS

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

What type of buying/selling history do they have? What kinds of feedback have they left in their purchase history? 

I think you're right to worry, but I would not want to pass up a sale based on a hunch. Track 'em down, and see what they act like. I have (once) checked with Ebay for a buyer's bona fides. 

Turns out...

Total scammer. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply