cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name Brand Jewelry

Hi Everyone, I recently purchased a piece of jewelry that is name brand.  I found out the value is around $200.00.  Do I just list it or does it need to be authenticated?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Name Brand Jewelry

Depends on the name and content of the jewelry. If you want to share more, maybe we could help. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

It doesn't NEED to be authenticated for eBay at that price, but that being said, I would do it anyway.  It's inexpensive to do an online authentication and it will help you sell it and give the buyer peace of mind.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Ebay's authentication service is for items $500 and above.  But yes, you should know for sure what you are selling!

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thank you for your feedback.  I am a newbie but am determined to learn.  I love jewelry and especially gem stones.  I buy a lot during the year and give them as Christmas presents to my son in law.  He loves every one that I have gotten, even the mistakes, lol.   It makes me feel good to see the delight on his face.  I appreciate that you took the time out of your busy day to help me with this question.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thank you for your feedback on this matter.  I love jewelry but only have one piece of what I call higher end jewelry.  Its value is 200.00 so I guess I don't have to get it looked at.  Thank you for your assistance.  

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Thank you for your feedback.  I don't get a lot of higher end jewelry but find I have a knack for the good stuff.  I'm not sure how it happens but have made some amazing buys through the years.  I found a sapphire stick pin for a quarter one time and everyone said why did you get that?  I got it looked at by a jeweler and he said its value was 500.00 because what I thought was crystals were actually diamonds.  I would like to expand to the higher end items when my items start selling more.  I appreciate you for taking the time to get back to me.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thank you so much for your feedback.  I want to expand to higher end jewelry but I am trying to build up my sales too.  It is hard in this economy but I have a lot of faith that things will improve.  

Message 8 of 8
latest reply