cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Miriam Haskell? Need help with this 12k boston link chain with unusual spring ring

Hello all!

I have this nice vintage chain that has the kind of spring ring clasp that was used by Miriam Haskell. I don't know of any other designers who used this particular kind of clasp and there is no artist name visible, and no (still attached anyway) hang tag. I believe it's 12k plated/filled, but I would be obliged to anyone who may have an idea of the maker/era/etc. 

The mark is VERY hard to read, but I have added images anyway. 

TIA!

Mae

20220621_161532~2.jpg

20220621_161511~2.jpg

  @silverstatetreasureboxes 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Miriam Haskell? Need help with this 12k boston link chain with unusual spring ring

@maeday76 

Boy you caught me on a Kenneth Jay Lane day. Haskell, ouch, she's a tough one.  I will provide a link that tells how to narrow down the possibility of her unsigned pieces based on the findings. 

You are correct about the clasp ( ring) and she didnt use the one that has a thumb pull.

What is that " nubbin" on the left side of #2 picture,  is that a push down? Or a thumb pull?

Anyway, this is a good article Mae,  always fun chatting!

https://veryvintage.com/pages/authenticating-miriam-haskell-jewellery

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Re: Miriam Haskell? Need help with this 12k boston link chain with unusual spring ring

I believe that type of clasp is called a sport ring clasp. And I'm pretty sure others besides Haskell used that clasp.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Yea!! Do you have any idea what other designers may have??

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I was in the jewelry business and other designers have used that sport clasp.  It is not exclusive.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@big-tex2 Again, do you have any names I can look at?

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

No names.  We could order that type of clasp from our findings supplier.  So many, many people have used it.  If the chain is gold filled you are wasting to much time on it.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@maeday76 

I did find one on the bay like yours but shorter.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-Vintage-1-20-12K-GF-Gold-Filled-Boston-Link-Short-Necklace-16-Choker-Le...

You don't see that type of chain very much but it's probably not Haskell.  I wish there was a patent number on your clasp as it would be interesting to find out year produced.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@maeday76 

Mae, that clasp looks almost like my bracelet.

16562928895473919720555821580714.jpg

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@silverstatetreasureboxes I have the same tennis bracelet! What's the brand on the middle chain? I love it!

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@maeday76 

I just peeked at it, AK 14k, it's a byzantine bracelet. The 1st one was my Grandma's. Thank you.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply