cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what do you think about jewelry boxes

OK we all need them!!!  I just bought at a local auction 3 jewelry boxes.  One is large which I plan to use (not pictured) and sell the ones on my dresser and the other 2.  I just can't make up my mind on should I fill them with a few pieces of jewelry or sell them empty.    Looked at sold and listed ones.  What do you guys think?  Jewelry I would add - nothing special but doesn't cost anything more to add jewelry as far as shipping costs go.  IMG_3617.JPG

IMG_3619.JPG

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Have you ever sold any online before? It seems like dimensions of them would make for pricey shipping. Just a thought.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I generally avoid buying jewelry lots that include the box, because the the box jacks up the shipping cost without any added benefit to me.  I have to then get rid of the box!  It's probably best to sell the jewelry separately unless it's stuff you want to unload. 

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I have to ship them priority mail which the large one would cost 17.10 that's why I thought adding some jewelry might work since it wouldn't cost any more to add the jewelry inside the jewelry box.  One of those pictured I bought that way with some jewelry in it.  I ws more interested in the box but some of the pieces I did keep.  I have 5 boxes right now on my dresser and putting jewelry from 2 into one larger one  So now I do have a couple extra boxes.  Had to buy the 3 jewelry boxes at the auction to get the one I wanted.  

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I've found if they're brand name (Mele/Buxton) boxes or "special" musical/ballerina/ Asian inlaid they'll sell. But I agree with the others, usually the price of shipping deters buyers 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I would buy one for my mom to hold the jewelry she already has so I would want them empty.  I also have gotten lots that included the jewelry box and they werent that great - damaged, too small to store anything, etc.  Just the box pleaes.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply