cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which would be best book to get?

I am starting my reference library. Due to budget constraints I have to start small. I already have 

in my cart and can spring for one more. I would like some opinions on which of the two following books would be better. I can only get one. Neither one gives much of a description and I am hoping someone has them and can tell me which one will serve me better. I know that my gut says the 2007 but just because it's newer doesn't make it better. Thanks.

Plastic Jewelry of the Twentieth Century: Identification & Value Guide Jun 1, 2003
by Lillian Baker

or

20th Century Plastic Jewelry (Schiffer Book for Collectors) Mar 30, 2007
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Which would be best book to get?

I love Marcia sparkles Brown.  Between the others, I like theset up ofthe Ettinger book better.  There are regular pages instead of 6 by 8 and pictures on each rather than a page grouping every 25 or so pages.

photo rose_zps07ff3a19.jpg
Kay
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Took another look at the list. Now another for consideration. Hope I'm not being to much of a pain.

Warman's Costume Jewelry: Identification and Price Guide Paperback – July 14, 2014
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

You keep making it harder,  The Warmans books are all good.  i think the one you just nentioned is the one by Pamela Pascal wiggins, who just gave up putting ,on the Costume Jewelers collectors international convention.  She covers a lot in her book.  not as much about the newer stuff as some but a good mix,   You can also find hers

in the selections by Collector Books International, has some good prices and bundles where they offer specials,  I think they have a frquent buyer plan, too

photo rose_zps07ff3a19.jpg
Kay
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Decided to go with the Warmans and Unsigned Beauties first. I don't see much plastic around here. Thanks for the help.
Message 5 of 5
latest reply