cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would you do jade necklace returned, beads are not Jade?

Hi my jade necklace and pendant were returned! I refunded of course..

It seems like the pendant is jade , however she said the beads were glass and serpentine?

So do I remove the pendant and sell it alone or just try to discribe it differently?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I tried to post a photo, maybe this will work.. Thanks in advance.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Here's what I would do before proceeding if I were you ...establish 100% what the beads are, and then decide what to do.

I would not trust the word of someone who was returning an item, and it serves both you and the future buyer to establish with absolute certainty what exactly these beads are. Maybe someone here can help you to ID these based on pics, but I can't. Also, several boardies in the US have gemtesters so maybe one of them can help you to at least verify if some of these are glass or not. I would volunteer but I live in Canada and the postage would be prohibitive.

Hope you can sort this out, and good luck with it!

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Thanks Arlene, The temp of all beads are the same.. on second notice, the lighter green are a little warmer then the darker green.. the darker ones are ice cold.. I do not have a gem tester, but will take it too the jewelor I think..He told me to bring in my squash blossoms and I never did.. Maybe I will also do that. Thanks for the help..

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Are there any bubbles in the supposed glass beads?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Gauntlettgems! Thanks for the question, I really never thought to look at the small opaque white ones. However , yes there are some bubbles in the small whiteish ones. the darker larger greens ones do not have any bubbles and are colder.

So I guess I need to be more careful and look at everything.. My old eyes miss many things.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

We all have our moments!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Maybe I will try again to sell as is or have a jewelor put a gold thing on the top of the pendant?  Not sure what to do. It is old and came that way.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply