cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vintage demi, any thoughts on maker?

Was wondering if anyone had thoughts on the maker of this set.  It is fairly heavy, seems well made.  Kind of "Florenza" like --  thanks!

An estate sale is my natural habitat...

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Very pretty.  Reminds me of Goldette pieces.  Check the clasp very closely. 

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I agree , sandy! It does remind me of goldette.
Sometimes the mark is very faint and hard to read.
Photobucket
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thank you Sandy and Tonette,

Goldette is a great thought.  But this is not signed, I'm pretty good at checking, but took a long hard look with my best magnifier. Nothing, neither on the earrings nor the necklace.   I wonder if Goldette ever didn't sign their pieces???  I searched Ebay under Goldette, one hopeful thing is that they seemed to do these demi sets, always earrings/necklace.  You don't see a bracelet ever.  So that would certainly match.

When I first saw it I thought of a bracelet I once had -- with sliding pieces, and that was Goldette, but couldn't come up with the name, so really appreciate it.

And the plot thickens slightly, because same day (again this is a thrift that NEVER has jewelry) I found this bracelet.  It had to be from the same lot as the necklace/earrings.  Same former owner, I'll bet money on it. 

This has one stone missing, see at the bottom of the piece, but there was no way I was going to pass on it for --I think $2.99.   This looks sort of "goldette-like" as well.  Any thoughts on what color the missing stone would have been?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Not all Goldette was signed.  I agree your bracelet does look like Goldette too.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks.  Good to know, so maybe all of this is Goldette. It might be hard to see in the photos, but these are really nicely made, so I wouldn't be surprised. The necklace weighs a ton, just a lot of solid metal. Both of these pieces might be keepers for a while.  I've always been partial to this era of jewelry, but good to know if I do wind up selling.

Thanks for the help with this.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply