cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsigned Beauty Unusual Dragons Breath Rhinestone Set

Any information on this set would be appreciated. Sorry about the sideways pictures. I edited them in other direction with no luck. Bright goldtone metal, all prong set, unusual clamper design. Amazing colors, dragon breath, turquoise, lilac, baby blue and pearl wow! It is in fabulous condition.  After some research it seems like an unsigned beauty. If I had to guess a designer for fun it would be Hattie Carnegie. Also, the age of the set. It seems more 70's early 80's to me.  Thanks in advance for any comments. 

20221010_150523 (2).jpg20221010_151219 (2).jpg

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Unsigned Beauty Unusual Dragons Breath Rhinestone Set

Here ya go...  don`t want anyone getting a stiff neck!  LOL  

Beautiful jools & fab photography!  Sit tight..someone can help ya out on it

20221010_150523 (2)-Edited.jpg                                                                                                                                     

20221010_151219 (2)-Edited.jpg

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 25
latest reply

No idea, but nice set. Austrian maybe?  

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 3 of 25
latest reply

Beautiful pieces.

I feel that it is the construction that will help ID this.

I know that the Butterfly Clamper has been used by Miriam Haskell but nothing else in the design points to this being a Haskell.

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

Holy guacamole. Gorgeous 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 5 of 25
latest reply

I think there is a cartouche on one of the navettes on one of the earrings. It is very shiny so not seeing what if anything is written on it.

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

Beautiful set!
What is the length of the necklace (am thinking that could be a bit of a clue, older necklaces generally shorter than newer ones)?

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

No marks on earring navette, just the reflection and a little scratch. Yes the chain is the same as the one in the photo link. The necklace with extender is 16 3/4" long. I was able to find another clamper bangle same type unsigned on etsy. The color combination and the dragons breath stones make this set a little more special. 

I found this set at an antique mall. The vendor specialized in art deco and retro 1920's - 40's  jewelry and decor, and also had a glass showcase all very high prices.  This was in a bag in a basket with other lower end pieces for 30.00. 

Thanks so much for your comments. 

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

It is a very well made set.

The Miriam Haskell Bracelets out there did not have rhinestones covering the cuff all the way to the back.

In looking around google I found that Selro also used the same type of hinged Cuff bracelet.

There was one signed Selro bracelet with a rhinestone adornment that I found that appeared to be cast construction. I also found a couple unsigned which suggested Selro with construction similarly made to the one posted here.

Researching based on the cups style and recollections I checked CIS Countess Cissy Zoltowska. There were examples of Brooches and necklaces with similar designs but no hinged bracelets.

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

Did you think HC because you had seen a same bracelet type which was signed? I just found one on the trifari dot com site #hc1325

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

I can't help with the ID but just wanted to say that is a beautiful set that I would hoard like a dragon.

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

Thanks so much for taking time to help research this set. I did find a bracelet of this type signed Carnegie but the stones were not this elaborate. Also the use of crazy colors and unusual stones made me think Carnegie. The item on trifari.com site is really spot on as far as construction. Even the way that the top portion is applies. This was very helpful, thanks again.

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

Just did another search on ebay for Carnegie Bracelet. It is also unsigned, same dragons breath cabochon navettes, same turquoise stones, same prongs on cabochons.  I wonder how the seller is confident of the attribution? "UNSIGNED HATTIE CARNEGIE Dragon's Breath Large Rhinestone Art Glass Bracelet"

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

There is one possible way. If the Seller has found a matching piece to the Bracelet that is signed.

Message 15 of 25
latest reply