cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unmarked vintage purple rhinestone jewelry set - parure.

This is a very high quality set. I'm surprised it's not marked. I'm sure it's from the 1950s-60s. This collar style necklace was popular then. Any ideas of a maker? Thanks!

a.jpg

b.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Unmarked vintage purple rhinestone jewelry set - parure.

I think markings are the exception rather than the norm.  I got several lots and sets with no markings that are just gorgeous.  I also have many 1920s-1940s that are sterling and quartz and also unmarked - no maker or metal stamp.  Too bad cause they are hard to sell without.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

We really need to see the back of the pieces. More info in the backs then the fronts most of the time.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

looks like something Coro would make. I have a gold tone chain bracelet like that, signed Coro, with the same type of fold over clasp. the top that says Coro, is Faded alot. Sometimes with those types of errings, if you unscrew them til they cant anymore, and look at the piece that goes against the back of the ear, you may be able to see a Hallmark, like a flying horse Pegasus mark used alone with no name (1939) Researching Costume Jewelry Marks has some great information and shows pictures of the different designers. I use them quite frequently, you can google them. hope this helps! very Beautiful Parure! Good Luck!!

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

It looks like amethyst
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Yes without markings, it will be difficult to sell unless it is a verified Juliana set. I don't think this one is!

@rixstuff wrote:

I think markings are the exception rather than the norm.  I got several lots and sets with no markings that are just gorgeous.  I also have many 1920s-1940s that are sterling and quartz and also unmarked - no maker or metal stamp.  Too bad cause they are hard to sell without.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@hobok_us wrote:

We really need to see the back of the pieces. More info in the backs then the fronts most of the time.

Here is a photo of the back. Thanks for your help!

back.jpg

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Yes, thanks but no luck on the marks! I use that site and multiple books I have but without a mark and a recognizable design, I think it's almost impossible to identify.  I'll check Coro but I think they are always marked.

@rhonda81767 wrote:

looks like something Coro would make. I have a gold tone chain bracelet like that, signed Coro, with the same type of fold over clasp. the top that says Coro, is Faded alot. Sometimes with those types of errings, if you unscrew them til they cant anymore, and look at the piece that goes against the back of the ear, you may be able to see a Hallmark, like a flying horse Pegasus mark used alone with no name (1939) Researching Costume Jewelry Marks has some great information and shows pictures of the different designers. I use them quite frequently, you can google them. hope this helps! very Beautiful Parure! Good Luck!!

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Anyone else?

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@fair-vanity wrote:

Yes without markings, it will be difficult to sell unless it is a verified Juliana set. I don't think this one is!

Allow me to disagree with your statement Cat Wink 

There are many Unsigned Beauties that sell quite well. Not all items have to be signed.

I, personally,  think  sales  are showing  that verifed Juliana /D&E  are not the 'be all to end all' in vintage jewelry at the present time...for whatever reason.

Your set is very nice..love the design..I think it will do very well..I`d wait a bit closer to cooler weather to list.  

MHO of courseCat Happy

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Sorry the back didnt tell me much more then I already knew........it's friggin awesome! I think Sarah is right........wait a bit longer to list and don't be shy with the price. All three pieces and looks like it's in wonderful shape......Good luck.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Thank you! 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply