cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trifari scimitar brooch please help date

Hi groupies,

Am I right in thinking that  this dates from the 1960s? It's marked with Trifari, a crown over the T, and a copyright symbol in a round circle after the Trifari. I have looked at the RCJ site and I *think* that this mark is from the 60s, but seriously ..there are just so many variations of this mark,  that I can't seem to get my head around this ....so I am asking for help here!

Also, does this pin belong to a particular line of Trifari jewelry? I can't seem to find another one   online, except for in google images, and there is no info linked to those ... I've checked my Julia Carroll books (101 and 202) to no avail.

TIA for any help.

027.JPG

025.JPG

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I`ve searched thru everything I have & online. I see the same pin in different colors. The only time frame 'attribution' I saw was  for the 50`s. 

I think you`d be fine with a circa mid 50`s-mid 60`s.  Unless ya could find an oad for it..I searched but didn`t find one.

Seems like by that time (mid-late 60`s) pastels & rhinestones were beginning to be phased out in favor of funkier jewelry,  along with lots of metal (chains, etc)?

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thanks Sarah!

I was just getting ready to list this and looked at it carefully. I discovered that it has issues. One of the stones is chipped and one of the prongs has been bent at an angle that looks like any minute now it might snap right off. I'm reaching the conclusion that I have NO luck with rhinestone jewelry. Or rather, I just don't have "the eye"

Oh well enough kvetching from me! LOL. 

Thanks for your help, I think you are spot on that pastels were pretty much over by the mid-sixties.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I am late but just wanted to say it is pretty.

I also think it could be on the earlier end, only saying that because of the faux milligrain i think I see around the edge.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thanks OCN. It really is a gorgeous brooch but has flaws that I didn't notice before. My fifty year old eyes are betraying me a lot these days, LOL. Um maybe I should just wear my glasses! My mom never wears her reading glasses and it used to irritate me no end,  now I'm doing the same thing, so crazy!.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Also earlier because of the smooth back. Wasn't Trifari doing textured backs by the mid-60s?

flotsamlogo
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for that info, Blue, much appreciated. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply