cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The latest selling scam

I've been going around and around with ebay since Thursday trying to get some resolution. Since I figure we all buy the same supplies I thought I'd do an fyi.

I purchased a bubble wrap roll and padded envelopes from an ebay seller. In spite of a stated 1 day turnaround they took 8 days to ship and a total of 16 days to receive.  They shipped the two items separately BUT with the same tracking number.  I didn't even know that was possible.  I only received the bubble wrap, very thin quality and about 100 ft short of what I ordered. Since both packages supposedly had the same tracking number they both show up as delivered. I think I finally got an ebay csr today who gets it. The second package was never mailed.  Its impossible to prove and they actually removed my feedback because the package shows as delivered.  If sellers like that put that kind of ingenuity into honest selling the irony is they'd do so much better than they do by screwing people. 

Details available by private message.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

The latest selling scam

I’m sorry that happened to you. We recently had a similar problem. Seller in ‘Pennsylvania’ said he was in the US (I always ask) and he promised a 3-4 day delivery. It took 17 days to get here. 

Vic

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

The latest selling scam

@oncoyotemountainart wrote:

I've been going around and around with ebay since Thursday trying to get some resolution.

Since your order was not correct, you could have filed an INAD and not have to mess with Ebay.

Have a great day.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

The latest selling scam

As far as the reuse of the tracking number, I had a weird experience with a seller several years ago. An item I ordered didn’t arrive. After several days I checked the tracking and my item had been delivered to a different state months earlier. Anyhoo, this guy told me he used the same number so he wouldn’t get dinged for no tracking. I wish I could remember all the deets. He refunded me.

I would hope that about five years later they have a system that kicks out invalid tracking numbers...I guess not. 

Good luck to you.

Diane

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The latest selling scam

OMG!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

The latest selling scam

Coyote,   ugggggh!  What a pain.  This had to be very frustrating for you.  I usually don’t order bubble wrap or envelopes,  but I always order Poly mailers here.  I agree with your last statement.  

Mermaid 🐳

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

The latest selling scam

I'm still waiting for resolution.  It was all a royal cluster ****.  I couldn't find a way to open an item not as described on my phone so I called ebay to have them do it.  The first csr opened a return instead.  Well I can't return something I don't have.  So I called back and tried to explain that, and the second csr said well you have to return what you did get in order to get a refund.  I tried explaining to him why that wouldn't work but he kept insisting that's what I had to do, return what I did receive in order to get a full refund for what I did and did not receive.  The 3rd csr got it the second he looked at the history, canceled the return request and opened an item not as described and requested a refund. It's supposed to close out one way or another tomorrow.  In the mean while I ordered bubble envelopes from another vendor.  It turns out they drop ship, but at least I got them this time.  

Message 7 of 7
latest reply