cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The family of Schreiner Jewelry Post

The family of Schreiner Jewelry are still alive and kicking.  Mom, Terry, is 89, and can't believe how my parents, and grandfathers creations have become so collectable.  My dad's , Ambros, famous ruffle pin retailed for $7.50 in the mid 1950ss.  It now often sells for over $750.00.  She is also very unhappy of crooked dealers claiming they have unsigned Schreiner, when it's not even close to anything we produced.  I have written a dealer in Cal. several times to remove things that are clearly not Schreiner.  She accused me of being another dealer trying to make her look bad... really!  Buyers beware of anything unsigned unless you have experience identifing Schreiner pieces, and don't believe them if they claimed it's verrified.  Sometimes I will post on a piece if it is clearly a Schreiner piece, and allow the seller to use my post.  Many books have poor information about my family's business.  One dealer claimed Sphinx is a hallmark of Schreiner, and listed some book from the 70ss, that stated it.  Schreiner Jewelry was only made in NYC, not in Europe, or any place else.  We did design for many of the best ready-to-wear, designers of the 30ss- 70ss, that was sold to them unsigned, but only made by us in NYC.  These pieces were sold with the garment.  Hope this helps new collectors, and best of luck to you!

SOME POSTS IN THIS THREAD HAVE BEEN EDITED.  ALL EDITES WILL BE IN CAPS AND IN RED. - SANDY, BOARD MODERATOR.

Message 1 of 999
latest reply
998 REPLIES 998

Re: The family of Schreiner Jewelry Post

We cut the prongs off a filigree to use.  One of. the jobs us kids had, to earn our allowance.  My dad, and grandfather were always buying up old, odd, lots of stones.  My grandfather would buy other jewelry house's inventory if someone went out of business.  My dad would get his from our stone dealers when they stumbled on something.  Since we were such a small house we could come up with uses that didn't interest other jewelry houses.  Can't help you much with the ages, but my dad wasn't doing much with handmade settings by the late 60s, anymore

Message 991 of 999
latest reply

Thank you for the response- it's very appreciated!   

Message 992 of 999
latest reply

Hi again...thank you! Do you know Nancy Henkel? She has a brooch like this marked Pauline Trigere. They look very much alike. I would imagine Pauline did alot of business with Schreiner but did she source jewelry exclusively from Schreiner? 

Message 993 of 999
latest reply

No, I don't know Nancy Henkel.  We were never exclusive to any dress house designer, including Trigere.  Mom did keep in touch with Pauline, until she passed away.  She died several years before my mom.  My grandfather was asked several times to design exclusively for one designer; he refused, stating the reason he was where is was, was from input from all the designers he worked with, and money wasn't everything, but your reputation was.  My parents continued that belief .  However, my grandfather's business was 95% selling to the dress-houses when he died.  By the early 60s my parent's business was 75% stores, 25% designers. By the 60s the dress-houses stopped attaching jewelry to the garments, to be sold together.  Times change!

Message 994 of 999
latest reply

Thank you so much!

Message 995 of 999
latest reply

Thank you! Appreciate you taking time to share your family's story. 

🙂

Message 996 of 999
latest reply

Hello ~

I have messaged before discussing the paste buttons. The history that you put into each answer in your messages are such wonderful little nuggets of a family that worked together.
The buttons I am going to try to put in this message has the twisted loop, but a completely different style. May i ask if these are true Schreiner Family buttons. I am grateful for your answer. 

Kind Regards,

Jenny⚜️

IMG_4924.jpeg

IMG_4923.png

Message 997 of 999
latest reply

No these don't look like ours, sorry

Message 998 of 999
latest reply

Good morning, Stephen. 

Any chance this (sold item)   is one of yours?  It`s fascinating the way the green stones are 'attached'

Thank you!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/166725896122?hash=item26d1a347ba%3Ag%3A67cAAOSwOOFmJTj1&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkr...

green3.png

green4.png

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 999 of 999
latest reply