cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stretch Lucite and Rhinestone bracelet, vintage or newer ?

Sorry for being so needy lately, my research isn't giving me any results.

I have this unmarked wide stretch bracelet, the elastic is a dingy white, rhinestones are both prong set and glued in.

The middle sections are a clear lucite, they look like a peach color in my pics but they are a thick, clear lucite and the greenish color on the top is a reflection.

Any thoughts as to age ?

TIA !

lucite.jpg

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

That is a lovely piece! I vote older, maybe 1960's to 1980's and the reason I am voting that way is the quality of the piece. I think if it were newer and had prong set rhinestones and a smooth finish to the gold tone that it would be a higher priced signed item.

An umbrella and a mind have a lot in common, they both function better when open.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I like this piece too CAV, it's heavy and well constructed.

Here's another picture showing the inside construction a bit better.

lucite2.jpg

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Very pretty !

Just some thoughts to add .

I can not get an exact feel for an era , but I vote older too . Something about that thick lucite and the heavier gold setting the lucite is in , just makes it seem older . Also are those grey rhinestones ? I have seen this color rhinestones on vintage jewelry , but can not recall seeing it on anything newer .
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Mermaid, the marquise rhinestones are smokey grey, the round ones are a slightly more purplish grey.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

That is BEAUTIFUL I vote older, maybe 40's or when ever they did the older stretch bakelite bracelets.. Flies on honey or is it bees on Honey..

That is a worthy find Cali !!!! 🙂

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I think CAV has the time line down right.  Mid 60s to early 80s would be my WAG.  It's a great piece.  There were several sets of signed Weiss that came out during that time that used these smokey grey rhinestones.  They were referred to as black diamonds and were pretty popular.  

The settings on this bracelet remind me of a bakelite necklace that I had.  It too was done on stretch cord and was well constructed.  The heavy  metal pieces were solid and used as spacers but had the same casted look as your settings do.  

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Thanks Everyone !

Another thing that makes me feel this is vintage is that the round rhinestones have a very high table, like the older ones. It's one of those pieces that I will have a hard time parting with, if and when I list it. May just have to admire it for a while. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

This bracelet is from AnnTaylor Fall Line 2014, I have the bracelet and necklace.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Thank you Elissa ! I'm so glad you were able to ID it , older or new, it's a wonderful piece.

Thanks again. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

That's crazy ! Sure did have us all fooled , I see it listed as Deco Stretch . That Ann Taylor really knows her stuff . 😊 This is the first time I have seen the grey rhinestones used on a newer piece . First time for everything . It is a beautiful bracelet . Like you said , you should just keep it and admire it for awhile .
Message 11 of 11
latest reply