cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stone Aid?

Hi!

I'm looking for some stone verification if you all would be so kind. Dragon's Breath? Pink Fire Opal? I really have no idea on this one. Any help would be awesome. TIA

Best,

Gin

IMG_20141213_164328.jpg

IMG_20141213_164401.jpg

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Stone Aid?

Sorry, I cannot really see the stone so this is a WAG, Butterfly Wing?
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I'll try to get better pictures.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

DSC00725.JPG

DSC00717.JPG

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

The larger images look like a Foil Art Glass with a possible very weak Dragon's Breath Effect.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Hello !
They remind me of Ammolite , just a little lighter than normal . Might also be some kind of Opal . Hmmm ? Very pretty !
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Hello again ,
On second thought after looking at pictures of Ammolite and Opal , these look like they might be man made . Still very pretty !
Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Words that come to mind are foiled  opal art glass ....looks man made to me as well. I'm not  seeing a dragon's breath effect in any of your pics here, but maybe you have just not been able to capture it in a photograph.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

This looks like a man made fire opal to me.  Foiled art glass is what most people call it now days.  I thing I see a trace of the blue veiling associated with dragon's breath.  However, to give the foiled art glass the opal appearance opaline glass was sometimes used which also can produce a blue veil effect which is different than the dragon's breath.  I really can't tell which one of these two techniques is used by your pictures.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I agree with the foiled art glass, man made, but not dragon's breath, I do not see the smokey vail that is so present with dragon's breath.. Nice ring!!!

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Foiled art glass in a very common Mexican setting. 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Did you test for sterling? Because it's very likely that it is.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply