cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still need help with ID of jewelry logo

I can't seem to sell this necklace, I'm not good with modern jewelry so any help is appreciated.  It has a hang tag with an "M", and there is a tiny sterling silver 925 mark on the clasp. It is gold in color, so am I safe to assume gold plated over sterling? Also, the pearl is real.  What keywords would help me sell this? Also, what would its value be for a buy it now? Thank in advance.  I think I am brain dead this week, Halloween and all.

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Still need help with ID of jewelry logo

THANK YOU!!! It's Majorica!!
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

If you read the entire trademark information beginning to end for the two Majorica "M" in a circle marks, they were never put into effect.  The applications were suspended after opposition was filed (likely by Mikimoto) and then later cancelled when Majorica failed to respond to the Trademark Office.   So, it's unlikely they are the maker of the necklace.   As an aside, the font in the  Majorica TM application is different from the tag and lacks the small circle above the "M".  Without an exact match, you need to keep hunting.  

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Good to know @killrknee

I thought the font was a match. Looking at the TM Site I used M plus Pearl plus Jewelry. And I admit sometimes the information just gets lost on me 😞
Message 6 of 15
latest reply

OCN, you do a super job sleuthing marks but the devil is in the details.    I put the Mikimoto logo beside the OPs and then the Majorica cancelled logo.   Note the Mikimoto and Majorica use a serif typeface.  The OP's tag is a sans serif.  You can also see how the center of the M drops down to the bottom on the two serif Ms whereas the OPs stops half way down.  

M's.jpg 

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

Oh oh, seeing them like that the differences really stand out.

Not solved 😞

Thanks for bringing your expertise to this topic 🙂
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

So, not Mikimoto?

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

If you go to the Saks Fifth Avenue site and search for Majorica 16mm White Baroque Pearl Multi Chain Pendant Necklace and zoom in on the hang tag I think you'll find your match.  There is a different chain on that one, but the hallmark is a match, and other Majorica pieces use that same chain.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Went to Saks Site and looked and found three different style tags on first three items I viewed: one was a match to the one in the OP, one was a match to the Trademark Site and the third was totally different.
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Makes me think if Made in China the TM would mean nothing to them?
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

If you go to Majorica's site you'll find the same thing, two different hang tags in use.  Some just have an M and some have an M with a dot to the right top.  I think it's a pretty good bet the ones on their own site are an accurate reflection of the hang tags they use.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Of course their site is an accurate reflection of what they use.   I should have checked Spain's Trademark Office when nothing showed in the U.S.  My apologies.   Here is the M logo registration in Spain from 2013 so that's the earliest the OP's necklace could be.   

majorica M spain.PNG

OCN stated, does a TM mean nothing in China and the answer is yes.... it means nothing so if a clasp isn't the same quality or the metal tag not as highly polished or the same thickness as what you see on the Majorica site, then it's best to write the company for confirmation.     Sadly, there are very few popular brands that aren't copied. 

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Great news 🙂 

I added the ID to the pinned Topic but missed adding your name to the post. Not sure if Sandy can now? I will be more careful next time, now that I know I can upoad images again.

@oncoyotemountainart wrote:

If you go to Majorica's site you'll find the same thing, two different hang tags in use.  Some just have an M and some have an M with a dot to the right top.  I think it's a pretty good bet the ones on their own site are an accurate reflection of the hang tags they use.

Message 15 of 15
latest reply