cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEPTEMBER - Let the CHAT Begin and the Leaves Fall!

Sept

Let's have some fun!

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 1 of 212
latest reply
211 REPLIES 211

Re: SEPTEMBER - Let the CHAT Begin and the Leaves Fall!

oh I thought you meant "leaves" ebay  LOL with the coming of Fall

posted from my posting ID. ************** You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.____Winston Churchill
Message 2 of 212
latest reply

Very lazy day here....Hubby still plays his rock vinyl albums on his turntable, & bought 2 huge crates of of albums in excellent condition a few weeks ago. He's going thru them today, sorting, & organizing so it's a concert hall here!  Smiley Very Happy lol  I'm doing my best to try to organize all my jewelry finds and just find I go from bin to bin. It's quite warm & humid here in NE Ohio so staying in the AC is a must. It definately felt like fall here last week, but this week is another story!

I am curious about the online auction site that was posted in the coming attractions thread, and wonder how many use it? 

Message 3 of 212
latest reply

Thanks for the nice clean chat room, Sandy! & welcome home..I just know ya`ll had a fabo time!! 

I have to go  online hunting for pretty fall pictures as we have no glorious color here  lol

But I love the sights, sounds & smells of autumn!! 

fall.png

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 4 of 212
latest reply

Well, it feels very much like Fall here today, lovely cool temperature.

John is at home and we are doing chores around the house. Painting the front door, and trying to get things ready for our visitors who arrive in 5 days. 

My sister-in-law and her husband wil be staying with us for 2 weeks.  Can't wait to see them again, we were over in Malta with them a few months ago and now it is their turn to visit us .... we try to get together twice a year.

Sandy, it's good to have you back ... sounds like you had a great trip.

Anyway, back to the paint brush, and chores.

Message 5 of 212
latest reply

@arlene_v wrote:

Anyway, back to the paint brush, and chores.

Lol Now that is taking LABOR DAY seriously!!!!!!!! Cat Very Happy

Message 6 of 212
latest reply

thanks for starting the thread Sandyl

good to see ya back.....what a wonderful trip you had ....what a way to spend the summer

little bit of a heat wave....breezes arrived not too soon

photo newyearsimageebay.jpg
Message 7 of 212
latest reply

Hi all, sorry I posted and ran, but John and his family walked in the door just as I was posting, they just left.

Thanks all for the congrats on a great trip.  Yes, it was wonderful.  My wish is that everyone gets a chance once in their lives to take that type of trip.  It was great getting to see things that I had never seen before and not having anywhere I had to be at any certain time.  Fun, just plain fun.

It is really hot here in Texas today.  The sooner fall gets here, the sooner I will like it. 

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 8 of 212
latest reply

We are having a hot, humid spell here.  It's like a Turkish bath outside, and the rest of the week is predicted to be the same, in the 90s.  Thunderstorms last night and late this afternoon.  We have been getting later and later falls, I tend to switch over to winter clothes the beginning of November.....

Tomorrow's another day.Tomorrow's another day.
Message 9 of 212
latest reply

Yup, Sarah, no holiday here for us yesterday!!!

It's always fine when our visitors get here, but the lead up is brutal, and all self inflicted, because they couldn't care one bit if the house is a bit messy or not, but I do!

On another note, this year I planted two Hibiscuses in our front garden, and they are just super.  I was worrying over them like a mother hen because they seemed to have some sort of blight, and I treated them with antifungal spray.

Here is a pic of the very first bloom peeking out  a few weeks ago, now they are just covered in dozens of flowers. I really do begin to understand why folks love gardening so much!

002.JPG

Message 10 of 212
latest reply

@veraohio wrote:

I am curious about the online auction site that was posted in the coming attractions thread, and wonder how many use it? 

After I read this I decided to check it out, and now I am curious as well.  Only problem is that eBay "owns" the world of online auctions. They are so embedded in our psyche, any other online auction venue has a major uphill battle to compete with eBay's overwhelming presence in the public mind.

Too bad, competition would be great. I could go on and on about issues  Canadians have with eBay, but why spoil this thread with my rant? LOL

BTW, how cool that your husband plays old rock albums on his turntable ... sounds like you had a great day yesterday, listening to music and sorting through jewelry, now THAT's how Labor Day should be spent! Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 212
latest reply

Because of my day job, Autumn is my busy season both due to mosquito populations and West Nile virus (I'm a biologist for a mosquito control district).  Since I live in south Louisiana, we don't start getting cool snaps until the end of October, so we're still sweating in a southern sauna here.  I envy y'all in the northern parts who are going to be seeing brilliant, blazing foliage and cooler temperatures very soon.  Maybe I need to move to Maine!  Oh yeah, that's right...Following the awesome foliage is snow, which is something I've never driven in before, much less lived in for an extended period of time.  Darn my being a hothouse flower.

On the plus side, garage sales usually heat up during this time of year due to people cleaning out in preparation for the holidays and Mardi Gras, so I'm looking forward to starting to hit the garage and estate sales in addition to the thrifts.

"One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane." ~Nicola Tesla
Message 12 of 212
latest reply

It's also very hot and humid in Georgia!  Even the Pom (who loves to be outside) cannot stand it except for a few minutes at a time.  

Cooked out two large ribeys yesterday and ate more than my share.  It was delicious!  Made a Southern style salad out of lettuce, diced tomatoes, chopped up hard boiled eggs, onion, celery and mayo.  

Hope everyone had a nice Monday and a great week.

Message 13 of 212
latest reply

Bucks....the bamboo towels have their own website....and you can just buy packs of them instead of rolls

however....as of today...the qvc site has two rolls and one roll of floor bamboo sheets for $19 plus shipping

omg....looked at the coming atrractions .....that is not for that....that could have been mentioned in the monthly chat or an ot thread....guess i will have to mention ...listings only for ebay

Sandy....cant wait to see all the treasures you found....guess you could have a thread of your own to show us all the fantastic finds along with pics of locations 🙂

starting out slow here today....but going to be a busy day...ughhhhh

weekfunny.png

photo newyearsimageebay.jpg
Message 14 of 212
latest reply

@moonlightrose28401 wrote:

starting out slow here today....but going to be a busy day...ughhhhh

weekfunny.png

LOl I could not agree more, Rosie!!!!!!!

Message 15 of 212
latest reply