cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recognize this sterling mark?

D9DDC353-71F3-4EA9-9009-9EA89D52DDC7.jpeg

It looks like a sun to me. I see a circle with 3 lines at the 4 directions and also a C in a circle  (copyright symbol?)

Thanks in advance for any information 💕

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Recognize this sterling mark?

It looks like it's attached to a piece of turquoise.  Possibly Southwest or NA?  Can you show a picture of the whole necklace?

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

E04CE9B1-32A1-4CF2-A947-F44726B60966.jpeg

6C6D0D37-C8DE-47CB-8996-2FB2EF57A96C.jpeg

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

This is no help with the mark but those red pieces might be genuine coral. I have a handmade necklace I got recently on Ebay and it is very similar - red coral and the same toggle closure.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I find seeing the necklace to be somewhat helpful in that it shows that it has mixed construction elements. There are spacer beads that look Asian so piece could be Southwest made in a workshop in the US or by an American Company Overseas.
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Thank you for the additional pictures.  I would discount it being a NA piece and guess it's SW style artisan made.  The metal spacers and toggle closure are readily available online and in a lot of craft stores.  My feeling is that the mark is the maker of the finding and not the maker of the necklace.  Nice looking, chunky necklace!

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I checked out this site before I asked the question. Smiley Happy I love the Native American Jewelry tips  site and stay tuned to their blog. I agree with the gist of their NA made versus "style"  thoughts.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@old.crows.nest wrote:

Here is an interesting article:

https://nativeamericanjewelrytips.wordpress.com/tag/fake/

Awesome site - thanks for posting it.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Hi all I have been gone for a bit but I have 2 cents to toss in. The mark is a common mark on mass produced findings and charms. They sell them at the jewelry supply here in AZ that serves the local Native artisans. The mark is on tons of southwest charms like the Kokopelli and crosses. Ok 2 cents tossed!

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

It  could have been assembled by a home beader, with all the pieces being available at craft stores.

I think the one I have that resembles it was handmade by a beader.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply