cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick question...private feedback?

I have someone making an OBO "best offer" but they have "private" feedback. What is that? I've never seen that before. It's on gold so I'm hesitant. Thanks for any insight! Lisa

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

eBay users that buy only have the option to have their feedback public or private . It's as easy as clicking on private . eBay warns users about building trust with sellers , but they still offer this feature to those who want to keep their feedback comments private . eBay says we can still see their number of positive and negatives . We all know that we can not leave negatives for buyers so I don't know how this helps .  It definitely makes me wonder .....its up to you if you want to do business . 

Mermaid 🐳

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Thanks Mermaid! That wa a world of help, I didn't know I could see his 1 yr history. So, I'm thinking about it...and hope another gold buyer swoops in!!
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I'm hesitant about private FB because I don't know if it's someone who buys items that they are embarrassed to share with the world, or it they have been a pain in the back side. It's one thing if it's a buyer, but I am really hesitant about a seller with private FB.

Recently I wanted to buy from a seller but the item would give away my political views so I asked the seller to please not leave me any FB. That's beside the point, but FB is a funny thing. I am this close to wishing that there was no such thing as FB.

Diane

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Diane , 

I don't know why but I was under the impression that sellers could not have private feedback . Of course the rules are always changing here . I have never come across one . 

I have noticed less and less people leaving feedback . I'm starting to wonder if people are boycotting it . Wouldnt that be something ? 

Mermaid 🐳

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

My understanding, which maybe way off, is that a seller cannot make his/her own feedback private, but can make feedback left for others private for whatever reason -adult category, etc

photo rose_zps07ff3a19.jpg
Kay
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@southernmermaid8 wrote:

Diane , 

"I don't know why but I was under the impression that sellers could not have private feedback ."

Mermaid 🐳

Mermaid, sellers can have their FB set to private but eBay cautions that it may cause potential buyers to go on to the next listing.

Diane

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

btw, if there was a boycott against FB, it would be fine by me. Smiley Wink

Diane

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I just another offer from another private feedback for the same gold earrings! this one only has 10 feedbacks, all this month. It makes me too nervous. I think I'm just going to decline. Ugh. 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I'd be very leery of selling gold to someone with private feedback. Unfortunately we can't weed that out, but you certainly can if they are making offers. I wouldn't accept it and I'd block them fast. That's just how I'd deal with it.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply