cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions on Signed Lind Labradorite tennis bracelet

Hoping for confirmation as well as addition information on this bracelet. It is marked Lind and and I think S14kt? So I am guessing heavy gold plated. From researching I came across information that state Lind is the same as Lindenwold? Was wonder if any one had and additional information on Lind Jewelry. So I think the stones are Labradorite from appearance? A lot of the Labradorite I has view look more blue these are more of a clear with blue flash.  Is there such a thing as good quality labradorite and if so any ideas what these would be considered based on the photos? Any and all help greatly appreciated.

P1010001-01.JPG

P1010002.JPGP1010003.JPG

P1010004-01.JPG

Photobucket
"Today is a Gift that is why it is called the Present"
Sheila
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Are you sure it isn't 14k gold?  I'd have the metal and the stones tested for sure.  It's lovely. J

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

What a pretty bracelet .
Sorry I can not help with the jewelry company .
Some thoughts on Labradorite . All the ones that I have seen have that "clear " look to them . Like the flash of light comes from within . The colors of the chatoyancy can vary greatly . From dark blue to Aqua , to different shades of green , also golds and silvers . Here are 3 of my favorite Labrador pieces for comparison . As you can see they are all 3 different colors . Such a magnificent gemstone ! I love gems that are chatoyant or iridescent .
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Agree with Queen to test the gold.  Gold plated jewelry is usually marked, "GE, HGE, or GP," AFTER the 14kt mark.  Beautiful bracelet, and mermaid, you have some wonderful Labradorite pieces!

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Lindwood is a costume jewelry company.  They specialize in heavy gold plated pieces.  If you check out their site: 

http://www.lindenwold.com/lindenwold-fine-jewelers/

you'll see they don't make gold jewelry, nore do they use natural stones.  The speckling on these stones doesn't look natural to me.  I have several pieces of labradorite and I don't see the natural inclusions that I see in Mermaid's pieces or the pieces I have handled.  

The bracelet is really pretty.  IMHO it is not natural labradorite nor gold.  Having it tested will tell the tale.  Just remember that Lindwood does use a heavy gold plating on thier pieces.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for all the help. I just emailed them to see if that is their Logo/design. If they say no then I will have it looked at. Interesting their website says FINE Jewelers..LOL

Love the pendant necklace!

Photobucket
"Today is a Gift that is why it is called the Present"
Sheila
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Haha ! That is funny and contradictory that their web site says " Fine Jewelry " !

Thank you ! I am assuming you mean the pendant with the 3 amethyst points ? It was a gift from my dear friend Temple in the 90's . I squealed when I first saw it . Originally it was on a wide piece of metallic purple / silver ribbon , which I wore out wearing so much ! I have not seen her in at least 17 years , but our friendship lives on through jewelry .
Message 7 of 7
latest reply