cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about International shipping

I had a question this morning from an ebayer in Italy this morning asking for cheaper shipping on a necklace I have listed. (Am I allowed to ask a question about a listed item? I'll delete ASAP if not!) I don't ship I internationally except through EBay global. I have 14 watchers and no bids on this piece. I assume it's going to sell as I have had a bunch of specific questions on the item. BUT....am I missing out on a potential bigger sale by saying no? (Well of course!) But is it worth the risk? (And hassle of figuring out international). Please let me know your thoughts and experiences. Thanks, Lisa
Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

I dont use the ebay global as it cost the buyer more and it takes way longer to get there. Tried it once and went back to me shipping it to the buyer. I think I read somewhere where the ebay globel will open your package and look inside, now if true I wonder how well they wrap it back up?

Message 2 of 27
latest reply

I love my International customers, they are always friendly, have deep pockets and pay within my terms.

That said I have shipped International since 2000 and I have only had one problem and ti was China. I know that everyone says Italy is a problem, but I have never had a problem and I have shipped over 100 packages there.

I use PayPal shipping and print my labels there, the only difference is you have to fill out the customs and it is prefilled, print two copies one for the package and one for the PO. I always blank out the prefilled line on jewelry because it does indicate an item that might be more likely to cause tampering and fill in fashion accessory on that line.

I've shipped to just about every country there is and will still ship to China as long as they agree to the cost of Registered or Express mail. I ship almost all my packages first class and they get there fast and without problems. If it is a more expensive item that I cannot afford to self insure myself I will usually upgrade to Express or Registered at my own cost.

For the huge amount in earnings and the lack of hassle it is to sell International I cannot imagine not doing it, it simple the money is good and almost every customer gives you a personal friendly note.

An umbrella and a mind have a lot in common, they both function better when open.
Message 3 of 27
latest reply

oh and I ship everywhere except Russia and Brazil to many things end up missing from what I have read

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

@sunshine*kisses wrote:

oh and I ship everywhere except Russia and Brazil to many things end up missing from what I have read

I personally have not had a problem, I have shipped maybe 20 packages to Brazil and several hundred to Russia. I have had a very positive experience with Russian buyers.

An umbrella and a mind have a lot in common, they both function better when open.
Message 5 of 27
latest reply

The only issue I had was a missing parcel to the UK.
Message 6 of 27
latest reply

I messaged with the interested party and I decided to give it a go. Do I need to do anything to my auction to allow her to purchase it? I have my listing set for global shipping. Do I just send her a revised invoice if she wins? I'm kind of excited...this transaction may open me up to selling internationally!
Message 7 of 27
latest reply

I'll ship anywhere as long as either they agree to pay for registered tracking or they email me through ebay declining the registered and state they will be solely responsible if item does not show up. So far no problems with any country or any members.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 8 of 27
latest reply

I find Russia is good too I think it's more a problem on what you list is inside the package. For any jewelry I put used fashion accessory and nothing has gone missing. That was a hint from another boardie, and a good'un too!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

You'll find international customers will pay a lot more for something they really want. I've never used the global shipper

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

Anyone buy international, I was just wondering if anyone has paid custome fees.

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

I am Canadian. I have purchased International and paid the Import Taxes as required. I would never purchase from a US Seller who listed with shipping by GSP. Not interested in paying twice for shipping plus undocumented Brokerage. With no itemization PB can ripe me and my government off.
Message 12 of 27
latest reply

p.s. US Import limits are very liberal, maybe $200?
Message 13 of 27
latest reply

This time of year, oddly, I ship out of the country about once a week. Stuff goes all over. One pair of 14k earrings went to Russia with no trouble at all. Used fashion accessory covers a multitude of sins. Other stuff has gone all over. China, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Europe, etc. I've had three packages get lost in ten years, and two of those were domestic.

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 14 of 27
latest reply

@laponeclock14 wrote:

Anyone buy international, I was just wondering if anyone has paid custome fees.

I buy out of Canada often and once in a while out of England and Australia and have never had a package that has been opened or any fees, they just show up in my mailbox like a regular package would. But then I've never spent over a couple hundred dollars either.

Message 15 of 27
latest reply