cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pools of light???

Do y'all think these are pools of light or something else??? Please let me know if you need additional information from me. TIA for the help! 🙂

2015-07-07 18.30.04.jpg

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: Pools of light???

No particular brand , but when you look them up on eBay you will see certain ones that say FRESH acids guaranteed . Just look for one that says this and has sold a lot with good reviews . They will be easy to find .

Make sure you get a kit with a stone . You just scratch the stone with a piece of the metal ( in an inconspicuous spot ) drop some acid on and wait for a reaction or not . It is recommended to use the 18 k gold acid to test for Sterling . It will turn bright neon blue if it is Sterling . Easy Peasy . You can look on you tube for instructional videos or just post on the boards if you need any extra help .

I used to know someone in a pawn shop . So I was never charged there . I also had a jeweler that did not charge . I've only been testing my own for about 6 months now . If you don't know one ask around see if someone does . You most likely won't get charged and if they do charge you it shouldn't be much .

How was Charleston ? Did you have any good Low Country Cuisine ?

Mermaid 🐳
Message 31 of 39
latest reply

Simple answer is rock crystal does not have color,if the stone has color it is not rock crystal.

Message 32 of 39
latest reply

Great info - thank you! It was going as always? My husband was working there so my daughter & I went with. We didn't get past the pool this time but we went a few weeks ago & I had grits & an embarrassing number of crab cake sandwiches. 

Message 33 of 39
latest reply

Hollyblue is correct Rock crystal is clear . Milky Quartz can have a grey tint . Also smoky Quartz can range from light grey to dark brown . They do look a touch grey in the pictures also . Looks like this necklace is going to need a little more investigating and researching .

Mermaid 🐳
Message 34 of 39
latest reply

I rechecked my info and I agree with you and hollyblue. Sometimes the color looks clear and others like it has a light gray tint...I really don't know if it's picking up from the silver beads or is actually a little gray. Dang, why can't I get an easy one every once in a while?

Message 35 of 39
latest reply

Does this listing look like they're grey tinted - 321784433850

Message 36 of 39
latest reply

Yes , but then again lots of people don't consider the drilled ( through the center ) true Pools of Light . It ruins the reflective nature .

Mermaid 🐳
Message 37 of 39
latest reply

They look grey due to poor photography.... non white background,shadows,white balance off,lighting,etc.

Message 38 of 39
latest reply

My picture or theirs?

Message 39 of 39
latest reply