cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opps a Daisy, What Did I Buy? My Latest Stupid Seller Moment...

On the light hearted side...

Went to the Flea Market yesterday...

Bought some items (not much, nothing red hot)...  Picked up a leaf style rhinestone necklace, didn't think a thing about it... Just ready to take pictures and took a good look at it...  And then, I started to wonder....  Then I proceeded to google....  Then I sent a text and pic to my son who had too much fun in his college days and asked him what he thought it was...  He texted back that I nearly caused him to destroy his phone when he spit his drink on it laughing at my naive stupidity....

So, what was it?  Posting a picture....

Oh yeah, plenty of similar for sale on here...

Maybe someone will get the munchies for my rhinestones.... LOL....

Photobucket
Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

It's a Japanese Maple, right 😉 😉 🙂
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Yes, that's what it is.Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

On the upside, the rhinestone version is legal in all 50 states!

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Smiley Very Happy About 45 years ago I found some fabric with the prettiest leaf print.  I bought it in 2 colors-blue and green!

Made 2 camp shirts.  Took my younger brother to tell me what it was!!

==============================
Enjoy today, Tomorrow it will be gone!
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Too bad it couldn't have been platinum & diamonds and once have belonged to a man with a big ole hairy chest....

On the upside, I do belive it'd qualify as unisex.  LOL...

Photobucket
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Yeah. My hairy chested man is in need of a chain now
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

I bought a beautiful set of dishes about 12 years ago with pink and blue and yellow flowers with different shaped and colored leaves.  I bought them as my "good china" set.  I bought them at a huge flea market event held here.  Got them home and started washing them when one of the leaves started floating into my sight.  I started laughing and my husband wanted to know what I was laughing at, when I told him he didn't believe me, but Sam was here and backed me up.  He feel in love with them and said he really wanted them.  So I gave him the set when he got married.  He and his army friends still think he has the coolest mom.  lol

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Japanese Maples are so pretty and delicate . Seriously though , I would have LOVED to see your son's face ! That is too funny . Crazy what's going on in our country with that right now . I never thought I would see the day it was legal in any state in the USA . I'm very surprised . I like that they are taking the criminal aspect out of it . Can't imagine it be legal here in the south , but you never know . What on earth are you going to do with the necklace now ? Tee he he
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

I'm sure Dale and my DIL had a really good laugh looking at my pic... LOL

Well, I listed the darn thing, got a little money in it...

I dunno, if it doesn't sell quickly I may take it into a Thrift Shop and say "here ya go"....  I don't think Goodwill or Salavation Army would display it  but heck who knows.

Photobucket
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Tee he hee , Good luck to you ! I hope you sell it . Come to think of it . I have never seen anything like it at S.A. Or GW , and I have been thrifting since the 80's !
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Your sons thoughts were my first thoughts, and I am an old lady 🙂 However I do have a Japanese Mapel in my back yard and it looks like that 🙂

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Colorados new icon

Photobucket
"Today is a Gift that is why it is called the Present"
Sheila
Message 13 of 13
latest reply