cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OT: Referance Site for Clothing Designers

While doing research I came across an interesting Site that I thought I should share 🙂

http://vintagefashionguild.org/

There is an area for Vintage Clothing Designers and Labels.
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

OCN, thanks for the link. Looks like a fun one to check out.

I was watching an episode of Make Room for Daddy last night and

the wife (Majorie Lord) had on the most beautiful gown. My mom

and I said WOW together and then laughed.

I always try to catch the clothing/costume credits on some of the

old shows/old movies. I love researching them. 

I can't wait to check out that site, OCN.

I think most of the outfits celebs wear today are a joke.

Ugh, the Met Gala!!!!

TEX
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Crow ,

That is a great site ! I learned about it while researching vintage Lilly Pulitzer clothing . I have the coolest dress of hers from the 1960's . It's pink and orange on white . The print is chickens , owls , and bunny rabbits with daisies .

I was lucky on my trip I just went on. I got a new old stock shirt with the tag still attached with the date on it . It is 50 years old . It's a gorgeous green and turquoise on white Paisley button up.

I love vintage clothing . Do you ?

Mermaid 🐳
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I cannot wear the vintage clothes but I love to see them in old shows and films. My favorite was the female police officer in the series Ironside heart

I used to look for TV Series and Music Tour Crew Gear in thrift stores but had no idea what to look for otherwise and know I missed some great deals like a Nudies Western Shirt 😞
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I looked up the female police officer in Ironside ( Eve Whitfield ) . I do like her style .

When I was much younger I wore a lot of vintage clothing and hats . It's much harder now to find vintage that fits . Seems like most of the vintage clothes that I find are so tiny . I was thrilled that the top fit me . Also I can't wear the old poly anymore ! Way to HOT !!! I always look for cotton or cotton blends . LOL !
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Great site, thanks for sharing.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

There's an article on paper dresses.I didn;t realize how far back the use of paper in clothing went.

I do remember the paper dress fad of the 60's and there's a campbell soup label shown.

My neighbor has two Campbell soup dresses with the original mailing envelope done by Andy Warol and they go for big bucks.  

She said her dad sent in two soup labels and she thinks $1.00 for the dress and he bought one for

each of his two daughters. She doesn't want to sell them tho.

Thanks for this link, OCN. I' going to have a lot of fun slowly looking through it.

TEX
Message 7 of 7
latest reply