cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OT: Just Wanted to Share a Laugh

This is in the Sold category as well as a current auction:

"Rare Vintage Art Deco 2 Ct Diamond Engagement Wedding Retro Antique Ring"

So far they have sold 63 of these rare items, with more available.

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Good for a chuckle on a rainy afternoon 🙂

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

So much of this of this great rare old stuff is all somehow resurfacing in India? Ancient (identical) rare coins too... everyone there always getting "river finds". Lucky for them!

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

Amazing place, India 😉

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

I never knew that India had an Art Deco period.

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

They also had Arts & Crafts and Art Nouveau, dontcha know! Plus they were a British colony until 1949 so they were directly concerned with the Victorian and Edwardian periods.  

😄 😄 😄 😄 😄

Allison

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

It's not too late to pick up a 2-carat diamond inexpensively.

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

@thirry wrote:

They also had Arts & Crafts and Art Nouveau, dontcha know! Plus they were a British colony until 1949 so they were directly concerned with the Victorian and Edwardian periods.  

Allison

They were a British colony but the British living there to govern that part of the Empire were a very small minority. And the housing and furnishings were mainly of Indian origin.

As for jewelry, there probably wasn't a lot of it brought with the Brits when they were stationed in India. Not all the married men had their wives & families with them, and not all the men were married.

Just going by what I've read about what the British got up to in India. 

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

You are correct, Ma'am! 

However, items attributed to those periods may well eventually appear as listed items. (Many with the same titles, natch.) 😉

Allison

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

"Art Deco" has to be the most overused and meaningless term in all of the Vintage Jewelry listings on Ebay. 

In the Glassware category, if it was made in Italy it was Murano glass. As if Murano (an island) was the the only source of Italian-made glassware.

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

I love to tell how one of my first sales - an antique clock - took a bit too long to get to a buyer and he complained.  One of only two times EVER I have called Ebay CS the Rep told me to "just send them ANOTHER one".  I dont know about you, but I dont keep multiple spare 110 year old clocks laying around the house to just dash off to buyers.

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

That's funny. In a sad kind of way. Amazing, the amount of people in jobs who have no common sense.

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

If I were to do what that seller is doing ebay would boot me in a heartbeat.  How is it they can use the same title for dozens of different rings?  Never mind that the quality, just from what I can see from the photos, is awful.  Never mind that they've had less than 60 sales between the two ID's and they can't get above 94.3 feedback.  And are they shipping from India or Texas?  If those are diamonds I'm the Queen of England.  

Laughter isn't exactly my response.  I get tired of playing fair only to see people lie like that and make money off stupid people.  

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

As long as that seller is making money for Ebay then Ebay is OK  with it. I'm assuming.

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

I still have this in my Watch list and it gets down to only 1 available. And then a day or so later there will be 2 or 3 available. A rare item indeed.

Message 15 of 28
latest reply