cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCTOBER, NOVEMBER, DECEMBER ... CHAT

As the temperature decreases ... we all need a place to 

chat.jpg

and stay warm with friends.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 1 of 101
latest reply
100 REPLIES 100

As much as I love summer..I`m ready for a change!

autumn.jpg

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 101
latest reply

I agree.  I just hope it's not a drastic immediate change.

Sandy
Message 3 of 101
latest reply

Every box of raisins is a tragic tale of grapes that could have been wine.

They say we can have gatherings with up to eight people without issues.  I don't even know eight people without issues.

Theme parks can snap a crystal clear picture of you on a rollercoaster going 70 mph, but bank cameras can't get a clear shot of a robber standing still!

Someone posted that they had just made synonym buns. I replied "you mean just like the ones that grammar used to make?" I am now blocked.

Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers .. if you do find one, what's your plan?

The more I get to know people, the more I realize why Noah only let animals on the ark.

Facial recognition software can pick a person out of a crowd but the vending machine at work can't recognize a dollar bill with a bent corner.

When all this pandemic stuff is over, I still plan to wear a mask. It hides the perpetual look of annoyance I have for most people.

I never make the same mistake twice. I do it like, five or six times, you know, to make sure.

My train of thought derailed. There were no survivors.

If you see someone buying candy, popcorn and a soda at the movies, they are a drug dealer. There's no other explanation for that type of income

I know it's time to clean out my purse when my car assumes it's a extra passenger who isn't wearing a seat belt.

Dr. Oz says rubbing coffee grounds on your naked body will get rid of cellulite. Apparently you can't do this in Starbucks. And now the cops are here.

In the 1980s I fell off my bike and hurt my knee. I'm telling you this now because we didn't have social media then.

Some people seem to have aged like fine wine. I aged like milk.  I got sour and chunky.

Dear Sneeze: If you're going to happen, happen. Don't just put a stupid look on my face and then leave.

Vegetarians live up to nine years longer than meat-eaters. Nine horrible, worthless, bacon-less years.

I still have a full deck, I just shuffle slower.

We all know Albert Einstein was a genius. but his brother Frank was a monster

Message 4 of 101
latest reply

Sarah,   Ha ha on the Vegetarian joke.   I resemble that remark.  😂🤣😂  

For the record,  Chick fil A was my hardest thing to give up,  most likely because I was a teen and they were in every mall.  

Mermaid  🐳

Message 5 of 101
latest reply

Love your spunk!  Summer is the only season I don't like....I am so ready for Fall.

Message 6 of 101
latest reply

As Shirley Temple used to say...OH MY GOODNESS!!!!

DSCN0220.jpg

Chicken Fried Bacon

1 lb regular sliced bacon

2 eggs, beaten

1 cup milk

2 cups all purpose flour

salt & pepper

oil for frying  (you`ll want a good 2" in the pan..might have to add more halfway through)

In a dish, Beat the eggs with the milk

In a separate dish..mix the flour, salt & pepper  (be generous with the seasoning)

Cut the bacon in half  ( much easier to handle)

Dredge bacon in flour, then in the egg mixture, then back in the flour.  Repeat till all is coated.

Heat your oil to about 350  (too cool & bacon will just sit & absorb oil) 

Fry few pieces at a time   Cook until crisp & golden..turning 1 or 2 times as needed..doesn`t take long. Drain on paper towels

Serve with Ranch dressing for dipping.  These are really good ..I`d say dangerously good! (if ya like bacon that is  LOL) 

Would be great for finger foods for the holidays!

Message 7 of 101
latest reply

(update from the last quarter chat) I'm telling you, ladies, it was a rough few weeks, but we (the Plumber and I) got Dad over the hump and I am no longer needing to go to his house 4/5 times per day to check on him and do his exercises and feed him. He's walking like a champ, with some muscle pain (needs to build those muscles back up) but other than that he's doing very well. Even the doc thought he was doing very well at his follow up appointment. He goes back in the middle of November and the doc is going to take x-rays of his other three joints and the one that is the worst is getting replaced/repaired next (possibly might end up doing both knees and both shoulders!).

I was confident in Dad enough that we camped all weekend, took our last boat ride on Saturday and took our last 'topless' Jeep ride on Sunday. This was also our last camping weekend. We'll winterize everything this coming weekend and put the top and the doors back on the Jeep. I can say, that I'm very sad about this, I was hoping for another couple of, at least, camping weekends.

Sarah, those were some good ones! 🙂

OHEMGEE...chicken fried bacon?!?! Now I gotta try that, but I sure wish bacon wasn't so danged expensive!

I have started the process of moving my summer clothes out of my closet and into totes and moving my fall/winter stuff out. I left the lids off all of the totes and the dang clothes STILL smell like the totes. Which means I'll do a ton of laundry these next few days (or not, I don't think I need to wash all of my sweaters at this time, but I do have a load of them in the dryer right now). I love the transition from summer to fall almost as much as I love the transition from winter to spring! I need to take several days off work to do my deep fall clean of the house, but I have no idea when I'll be able to do that. I'd also like the door to my hoard room installed before that happened so I could start in there with the cleaning. (Hoard room=sewing/craft room). 

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 8 of 101
latest reply

I love these photography competitions !!!!

Might wanna close your eyes after # 6 tho!!!!  

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/wildlife-photographer-award-winner-2021-scli-intl-scn/index.html

Message 9 of 101
latest reply

No way to start a day!

I was in my work room..glanced at my table & saw a  tiny piece of something black laying by one of my table lamps I use for pics. Have used these for many years.

I picked it up to see what it was, barely nudging the lamp base & whole dang thing fell apart!  This is what it looked like!  Note to self..even if I am using a power strip..not leaving anything like that plugged in again.  I`d just used both of those lamps the other day!  I`ll be taking the base off the other one today & check on it!

DSCN0233.jpg

DSCN0232.jpg

DSCN0234.jpg

Message 10 of 101
latest reply

Glad I checked the other one..took the base off..it was all crackled up inside..probably just a matter of time before it fell apart too!  

Message 11 of 101
latest reply

Looks like you dodged a bullet on that one. Hope the other one is ok.

Mom had her last treatment on the 11th and is improving. She got done just 10 days before my first anniversary.  Just 4 more years to go for me. 

Not much happening here otherwise. 

Message 12 of 101
latest reply

Good to hear from you!  Been wondering how things were going.

Forgive if I`m dense..did I miss the wedding? 

Message 13 of 101
latest reply

Wedding isn't until March 26. I let her have the ring bearer pillow and her purse without taking pictures. Won't forget on the garter and card box. Both of which I need to get to work on.

Message 14 of 101
latest reply

Those photos were awesome! Thanks for sharing! #7 was a tad freaky, that's for sure!

Oh that's horrible, Sarah! Good thing you checked the second lamp!

Good news, Scifi! Yes, we can't wait to see pics! Wedding is aways away then!

My Dad's new knee is healing beautifully! 🙂 and his outpatient PT is going pretty good, I think. he had his second session today, I'll get the scoop from him later!

We had a pretty nice weekend, weather wise, took one more last topless Jeep Ride. We were going to go boating but were given two deer, one of which needed skinned, so that took me a few hours. I'm slow at it, and boy oh boy does it kill my hands, but I can get them skinned! LOL The second one was already skinned, just needed quartered and brought home and dumped in the freezer until I get at least one (or more) more to process.

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 15 of 101
latest reply