cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Numbers on an Eisenberg brooch?

Hi everyone-

I have an Eisenberg brooch that has some numbers with the mark on the back. Are these the stone setter's mark or a style number? Thanks for any help given.DSC09993.JPGDSC00131a.JPG

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

That would have been my first guess, but I`m not knowledgeable on Eisenberg at all.

This info is from Morning Glory:

Bobye says, "Please keep in mind that the Eisenberg marks tended to overlap, and all the dates given are approximate.  For instance, most of the jewelry marked with the script or block letter "E" was produced towards the end of the 40s and into the early 50s.  However, just the initial was also used when there was limited available space on the back of a piece for stamping. You will sometimes see pieces that are obviously a set with one mark on a pin and a different one on the earrings.  Then there was the piece that I saw where the name "Eisenberg" was spelled "grebnesiE", I'm serious!   I know of no other jewelry that used just an E. mark. Once in a while you will find a stamped number on an Eisenberg piece, usually just one letter or number in a circle. It is said that some of the stone setters etched their number into the back of pieces they made as well.

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Not sure if this has been discussed here yet, and this is a little off-topic to the question, but I read on another forum that Bobye Syverson passed away last week. She certainly was an authority on Eisenberg and was so willing to share her knowledge.  A loss to the Vintage Jewelry community for sure, but the knowledge she shared lives on, as Sarah's post bears testimony. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply