cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No More 3 Free Listings

AND it is retroactive! Smiley SurprisedSmiley Frustrated

So I read this today about the missing 3 free listings box.

http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/abblog/blog.pl?/pl/2014/10/1413154200.html

So I thought, OK no more 3 free, actually it was a pain for us turbo lister users anyway because it required that once listed you had to go into each listing individually to get the 3 free.

HOWEVER

I already had 300 items out there that were going off today that had the last 1 of the 3 free left on.  It didn't happen.  I called eBay ans was told that the 3 free was no longer available because it was simply a promotion to begin with ... when it became a promotion, I'm not sure.  Smiley Tongue

Anyway the rep said I could go ahead and relist them for the final free list, but I would be charged for it and then credited back for the charges.  I just declined the offer because ... well you all know what the chances of that happening without further problems is pretty close to ziltch!

Anyway, those that have their current items set-up with 3 free ... it's not going to happen and that option (promotion????) is not going to be available on your next listings.  My understanding is that there will still be the 1 free relisting available.

So just a heads-up ... it sure would be nice if eBay gave us a heads-up on things like this, IMHO.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

No More 3 Free Listings

MY bad ... the 3 free listings in the above post should be 3 free RELISTINGS.  Sorry.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

No More 3 Free Listings

I noticed that yesterday also.

It's really too bad as most of the stuff I recently sold was relisted for free. It was working for me.

Just doesn't make sense that they would do away with this "PROMOTION".

They would have gotten more money from me if the item sold thru a fre relisting rather

than a relisting fee for an item that didn't sell. 

TEX
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

No More 3 Free Listings

It sure is hard to develop a business plan when they keep changing the rules ... WITHOUT letting us know.  The ones I really feel bad for are those that got caught paying for fixed price listings because they were counting on the 3 free relistings.

Think I'm going to change my siggy line to ... why do I feel like a mushroom ... because I sell on eBay!

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

No More 3 Free Listings

Thanks for the heads up.  I have so many items to list and love that if it doesn't sell then I have 3 more weeks for a chance to sell it.  So for right now This may work for me since like most of you I am nevous about the new return policy for Nov. & Dec.  I was only to list low priced items during that time period then see how things go after the holidays.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

No More 3 Free Listings

bah humbug!

photo newyearsimageebay.jpg
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

No More 3 Free Listings

Listed 5 more items yesterday afternoon and only 1 relisting now not the 3 we used to have.  What EBay did without some kind of heads up is bad!  Guess I need a cyrstal ball.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

No More 3 Free Listings

@dins9187 wrote:

Listed 5 more items yesterday afternoon and only 1 relisting now not the 3 we used to have.  What EBay did without some kind of heads up is bad!  Guess I need a cyrstal ball.

Smiley Very Happy

Man if you could find one of those that worked on eBay with their changes and could clone it ... you would be a multi-millionaire in no time at all.  Even if you started them out at the eBay recommendation starting price of $.99 with free shipping! Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

No More 3 Free Listings

A lot of peeps on the selling board are upset about this too. I always unchecked the box myself-as I don't like automatic nothin' around here! As you said, there is less and less heads up about what many of us consider to be major changes. Ugh.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

No More 3 Free Listings

I'm with clear--Sometimes they were good, but often the relistings didn't start/end at times originally listed.  Right now I just noticed a bunch of relistings that will end middle of night!!!  I've ended listings before for same reason as I don't sell internationally.  I guess these were during there multiple down times??

==============================
Enjoy today, Tomorrow it will be gone!
Message 10 of 10
latest reply