cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help Identifying This Lovely Unsigned Brooch and Matching Earrings

Hi, I am new to Ebay and I have a passions for vintage, especially costume jewelry. This jewelry set dates back to the late 50's or early 60's.  It is lovely--but--there are no identifyng marks. The reddish stone is faux carnelian.  The rhinestones are bright/sparkly and prong set.  The little gold balls have tiny rhinestones that remind me of some of Miriam Haskell's bead work. I know this could not be one of hers. The back is a solid gold metal disk. The brooch spray is about 3.5 inches wide and very delicate. The matching earrings are clip backed. The estate this set came from had many lovely pieces (Weiss, Coro, Trifari, Vendome, Urie Mandle, Cadoro & lovely designed sterling pieces from Taxco). Based on the quality of the other costume jewelry--my gut tells me this is a special piece. Many of the pieces were purchased at I.Magnins & Bullocks Wilshire (Los Angeles) in the 20th century. Thanks for your input.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Need Help Identifying This Lovely Unsigned Brooch and Matching Earrings

I cannot help but wanted to say always post aa picture of the front and back especially for unsigned pieces as the construction style can be very helpful.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Thanks--I tried to do so, but something happened and the 2nd photo did not show up. I need to size my photos down obviously. Thanks for the heads-up. SMRF
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hi suzee, and welcome to the group!  Sounds like you have a lot of knowledge about costume jewelry and will fit right in here.  We all learn from each other Smiley Happy.  I agree that your pretty set has some Haskell similarities, but without it being signed, it may just be another unsigned beauty.  Looking forward to more of your posts!

I'm not a hoarder! There's a price tag on everything!
Message 4 of 4
latest reply