cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monet help

In the Church sale lighting , I could make out a faint Napo and these earrings looked well made and interesting so at $1 , I took a chance . Under closer observation I have a little verdigris to clean up . 😮

Also clear as day on the earring backs are stamped Monet , the other word is Napolean . Hmmm this looks like a girl , Josephine ? 

Sorry to to be a bum , but I was wondering if one of you Joolie's with the amazing Monet book could tell me any more info about these beauties ? Thanks ! 

Mermaid 🐳 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Monet help

I can't help with the Monet book (wish I had it!!), but these look like some pieces I have had that had coins with the primary feature "punched out" to make the design.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Monet help

Don't have the book....yet....

Does it say LTD below Monet?

Very cool earrings.....

TEX
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Monet help

Tex , They actually say PATD . underneath .  

Now looking at the pictures I see they also have some more writing to the right I can't seem to make out and 186? . I don't know my history well enough . Hertzgirlz thinks  they are coin style jewelry . I don't know my monies from different countries either . I better get to googling ! 

Mermaid 🐳

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Monet help

Marko , 

Thanks I will google Marianne of France . I thought they looked feminine . 

Mermaid 🐳

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Monet help

Reproduced casting of a statue of liberty 3D pop out/reposse coin.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Monet help

Holly , I see the pop out reposse coin of Lady Liberty you are talking about . It does look like her . Most of those coins say in God we trust or the Latin saying . This one says Napoleon and something else I'm going to have to take a closer look at . Why do you think this is ? 

Marko , it does look like Marianne of France . I guess this makes sense . They have many similarities . Marianne wears a laurel wreath crown . Lady Liberty was modeled after a Roman goddess ( who would wear a Laurel wreath ) although  Lady Liberty has her cool spiked crown . Lady Liberty was also made in France . Both stand for Liberty . 

Mermaid 🐳

Message 7 of 7
latest reply