cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monet Bracelet Question

Hi Everyone -

I have enjoyed reading the posts on this site!  So much great information!  I found a Monet bracelet this weekend and am wondering if anyone knows the date on this one.  It is marked Monet both on a small tag and on the clasp.  It is in very nice condition.  How can you tell if it is an older piece?

Thanks so much!

IMG_2407.jpg

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Monet Bracelet Question

Since it has the copyright..it has to be after 1955 (when that was introduced) 

I saw the same one you did..300.00.that`s quite a stretch  lol  Would be nice tho. 

Check your message envelope ..sending you the set  here to see the necklace & bracelet together.

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal

View Best Answer in original post

Message 9 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Hi! Can you get a  closer shot of the clasp while hooked..and the hang tag itself? 

That`s an unusual clasp from what I can see of it as it is now 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

It might be a wide fold over clasp. The style looks like it could be 1980s? Just guessing though.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Here is the tag and the picture of the clasp.  Thank you!

IMG_2409.jpg

IMG_2408.jpg

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I would say that was made in the 60s. Going by the font.. particularly the T. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Been looking at Monet multi strand bracelets  all over..am crosseyed now!  LOL

It`s such a classic carry over design..is there a copyright mark on back of the hang tag or where it`s marked on the clasp? 

I`m incline to agree with abbylily..due to the heavy look of the chains themselves..seems more inline with the 60`s (could squeeze over into early 70`s)   But I no expert on it

I did find a necklace & bracelet set for sale here...no date given tho & necklace has only 3 chains.  But..if it IS really a set..ya might be able to search out necklaces to see if you can find a date. 

So many vintage Monet ads are online..but can be a help with  dating it..esp if you can find the necklace (I was focusing on bracelets)

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Thanks so much for looking!  I also noticed that the mark on the clasp was all caps and straight lines whereas the mark on the little tag has lower case letters.  Also found a Pinterest page (tried to take a screenshot, but failed) under" Monet Jewelry Hallmarks and Dates" that showed the same marks in 1947-  1949 and 1951.  Found a very similar bracelet on another selling site for $300 but the hallmark is a bit different and can't imagine it would sell for that much.  Will look for the necklaces - super helpful replies.  Much appreciated!

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Oh, and the copyright symbol is on the back of the tag and not on the clasp.   

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Since it has the copyright..it has to be after 1955 (when that was introduced) 

I saw the same one you did..300.00.that`s quite a stretch  lol  Would be nice tho. 

Check your message envelope ..sending you the set  here to see the necklace & bracelet together.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Perfect!  That certainly looks the same.  Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge and research!!!  Will just list it as vintage and not ask for $300!  ; ). 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

That works.  I`d use the ca. 60`s-70`s. That way you`re covered.

In your description you can use Mid Century Modern..for those that search by that term for things too

Good luck with it..it`s a nice bracelet..but I`m a sucker for all things older Monet  lol 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply