cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini rant. Thank you. :-)

I woke up yesterday morning to an offer on an item, I agreed to the offer and now, so far no payment.
For some reason this really irks me. Don't you think it should be mandatory immediate payment on an accepted best offer ?
I always require immediate payment for BIN but you can't require that for best offer acceptance.
Seems like it should be a no-brainer.
Thanks for letting me rant.
Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

I agree with you 100%.  If they made the offer they should be checking to see if you accepted their offer and then should pay right away.  I've had people tell me that ebay didn't inform them I had accepted their offer.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Pheasant, I sent her an invoice as soon as I accepted her offer, eBay needs to get their act together and tweek this BS.

At the least, the item should stay active at the original price until the buyer pays, it may give them incentive to pay right away or risk someone else buying it before they pay.

Seems logical. Smiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

I agree with ya Cali. Have had peeps make offer..accepted it, then they wait the full 7 days that I allow for payment.  It`s frustrating

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Somehow I don't think every buyer is aware they are under contract to buy when they make an offer and you accept.  I say this because I have had several people do this and Ebay had to open a case against them for payment before they would pay and one never did.

Carolynheart

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

your better buyers are going to have a pre-agreement on payment that meets your approval

but not to know anything is frustrating because of your mailing schedule

photo newyearsimageebay.jpg
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

I've had several not pay That stinks!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 7 of 19
latest reply

"Don't you think it should be mandatory immediate payment on an accepted best offer" ?

I think immediate payment should be mandatory for ALL SALES.

Think of how much confusion/aggravation this would eliminate.

TEX
Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Calico, it's my experience that buyers frequently buy something midweek and don't pay till Friday when they get paid. I don't do offers, but I don't see why it should work any differently for an offer than for full price. Keep calm.

Tex, I would only support that if eBay got its act together and allowed you to combine records for orders that were paid separately but shipped together. For me having to manually create a packing slip and sales record for six or seven items and separately add tracking to each one is way more aggravating than waiting a couple of days for payment.

flotsamlogo
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

One point to consider on BO, from a buyer's poin of view.  I always pay at the earliest possible moment.  In the case of a BIN, no problem.  That's right after clicking the Commit to Buy - it's all done as one action.    ,With a BO, the buyer may not know if the offer has been accepted or countered until several hours later and had to leave the house or gone to bed.  I do agree that days of delays are uncoscionable, but feel that a window of time to pay is often necessary.  JMHO.  I do agree that a BO is binding and prompt payment is necessary.  Same principle holds true in an auction - buyer may not know he or she has won until the next morning.  

photo rose_zps07ff3a19.jpg
Kay
Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Or even later in the day if she had no time to check email and pay first thing in the morning. Not everyone can do that from their phones.

flotsamlogo
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Oh, and even if eBay SENT the "offer accepted" notification right away, that doesn't mean she GOT it immediately. ISPs can take their own sweet time about sending your mail. Last week I sent DH a list of estate sales on Wednesday afternoon and it didn't show up in his email for over a day.

flotsamlogo
Message 12 of 19
latest reply

I'm still awaiting payment, even after a kindly worded message asking if she still wants the item. I give 48 hours to pay unless other arrangments are made, I'm very easy to work with, it's the being ignored I don't like.

Her 48 hours are up this morning and I will open an Unpaid Item Dispute.

It ties up my item that could have still been active for BIN and a simple message to me would have avoided the issue.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Blue,

RE: Tex, I would only support that if eBay got its act together and allowed you to combine records for orders that were paid separately but shipped together. For me having to manually create a packing slip and sales record for six or seven items and separately add tracking to each one is way more aggravating than waiting a couple of days for payment.

I'm not sure I'm understanding your reply fully.

I recently sold 2 Cinderella Cross Stitch Kits separately to the same Buyer.

There were 2 Item #s. The buyer paid for both separately.

On my selling page, under SOLD Items, ebay automatically showed the buyer bought 2 items.

It reads:

John Doe (Buyer)

Total items: 2

and the cost for both items

Next to that is "View order details"

When you click on that it shows both items and also reads Delivery package 1 of 1

I mailed both items in the same package and was able to 

add the same Tracking number to each item.

On that same page, you will see, Show Shipping Details

which gives all the details. 

TEX
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Tex, when you go to print the packing slip or sales record in Selling Manager, or even when you go to print the postage it does not show the order as combined. I only use Selling Manager, not the other stuff.

flotsamlogo
Message 15 of 19
latest reply