cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metal and stone bead necklace

DSC02444.JPG

Funny story about this necklace.  I bought it at a garage sale about a month ago.  I picked it up and thought it looked familiar like I had seen it somewhere before.  Well, I had.  I sold it in a garage sale last summer.  Since I own it again I thought maybe I should find out if anyone can tell me anything about it.  There is no clasp.  The beads are graduated in size and there is a knot between each bead.  It's about 24" long.  Claudia

DSC02443.JPG

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Metal and stone bead necklace

Have you checked the goldtone filagree beads? and the turquoise do look like turquoise.. also check them, it is very nice.. maybe antique or India..

Nice! Maybe you are lucky you got them back!!!

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

I agree check the metal beads but I think China rather than India.
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Thanks, Rain and OCN.  I never considered the metal beads could be anything other than brass.  After re-examining them I think they could be silver with a gold wash.  I'll have to get some new testing stuff.  I think mine is too old.  Thanks, again.  Claudia

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

The more I look at this the more I think you might have a very special piece of Chinese Jewelry. I have been googling and did find one all filigree ball necklace but the image link lead nowhere.

I have a pendant with two enamel parrots on either side of a gold filigree ball that is as finely made as your beads. The jump ring on the Pendant has very small Chinese Character Hallmarks which is why I think this is Chinese.

Can you post a cropped extreme close-up of the Filligree Balls and other beads?

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Thanks, OCN.  Hope this helps.  Claudia

DSC02447.JPG

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Thanks so much for posting the image.

In order to see the image full size I grabbed a copy to look at it in my Photo Program and tweaked it a bit and was surprised. The filigree in the beads is twisted but not flattened. I am sure that is different from my Pendant. I don't think I have never seen filigree where the twisted wire is not flattened.

In your original pictures the wire in the Balls looks very fine gauge.

Here is what I saw.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

I was looking up the Turquoise Beads and found this completed listing 201204007795 which has similar ones to yours.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

OCN, the wire is very fine guage.  When I look at them without magnification they appear to be just pierced.  I did not realize what they actually looked like until I took the pictures which are magnified.  The largest of the metal beads is about 1/4". The smaller ones are less than 1/8".  Thanks for all your help.  Claudia

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@charris0929 wrote:

OCN, the wire is very fine guage.  When I look at them without magnification they appear to be just pierced.  I did not realize what they actually looked like until I took the pictures which are magnified.  The largest of the metal beads is about 1/4". The smaller ones are less than 1/8".  Thanks for all your help.  Claudia

Those are small and quality made. I hope there is a good reason you have it back now 🙂

I hope this is okay? Here are images from my old photobucket of the Pendant I mentioned earlier. Even though the wires are flattened in mine the way it constructed is very much the same including the disc-like caps.

Parrots PendantThe Mark

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Thanks again, OCN.  Beautiful pendant!  The metal ball cerainly looks a lot like the ones I have.  Claudia

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I agree with OCN, she tends to be right more often then not.. Looks like Chinese and I love the bird brooch:)

Message 12 of 12
latest reply