cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing Marked Pieces with Unmarked Pieces

Hello,

I have a question regarding listing marked pieces. Just got a threat from a lady about one of my auctions. She is "personal" friends with the designer and said I'd better take it down. Seems the reason is it's in an AS IS lot. It's broken so won't sell on it's own. Not sure what to do? Can't we list names if they are included? She just seems offended that it's lumped in with "meaningless" pieces? 

TIA 
Kristy

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Listing Marked Pieces with Unmarked Pieces

Which Auction is it? Does it say anywhere Repair? Is the Designer part of the VeRo program?

http://vero.ebay.com/

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Say what?????????

If you have repair/craft/junk lot listed..and the pcs are broken or can be repaired.. and you are selling it all as is...you are fine in what you are doing.  And that includes listing the names of any signed pcs in your lot.. It`s nobodys business what names you have in your lot. 

That kind of remark that was said to you makes no sense to me at all.  Unless you have an item that is part of the vero program?

Heck if you wanted to listed a repair lot and throw in a perfectly good item 'just because'...that`s your right to do so.  Don`t take down your listing for this reason. 

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 3 of 19
latest reply

I`m assuming it is this lot in question?   It does say repair & I only see the 1 name referenced..dunno if it`s on the not allowed list or not...I`ve never heard of it. Cat Happy 

~~~Sarah~~~There's only ONE bad day when you love an animal
Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Wow just wow !!! Threats I would be fowarding that to ebay. They rule the roost .

It would be the responsibility of the designer to request it to be taken down first of all, aka a fake or knockoff. are usually the reasons.

I see nothing wrong at all with your listing and agree with what else has been said here by others.

You can't fix crazy but you sure can document it.
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Well, she must have threatened a number of people today because there are currently about 34 auctions with that name running now (unless of course, she is one of them).  Smiley Wink

I would report the threat, and pretty much tell her to BYOB, you bought it - you can sell it - all you need to say.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Lol..probably the same person. It's just not the same as it used to be. We (sellers) have to be so careful. Thanks, I think I'll just tell her mind your own!

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

This lady is just a busy body..ty
Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Not part of the vero program. I totally wish it weren't broken or it would be listed on it's own for lots more!
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Thanks! This persons jewelry Phillipe Ferrandis is really nice. This piece on another site is 375.00 so I sure wish it wasn't broken!

@change4charlie wrote:

Wow just wow !!! Threats I would be fowarding that to ebay. They rule the roost .

It would be the responsibility of the designer to request it to be taken down first of all, aka a fake or knockoff. are usually the reasons.

I see nothing wrong at all with your listing and agree with what else has been said here by others.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Well, if they are a "personal friend" of the designer I would ask if they would prefer you send an email to him and requesting him to replace the chipped stone. Then you can sel it for much more.

Bet that shuts her up.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

WOW Good idea! Lol
Message 12 of 19
latest reply

😞

I saw that listing earlier but now I don't and it won't come up for me on a search. Did you edit the title?

Found it!

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

@kkjsgranny wrote:

Hello,

I have a question regarding listing marked pieces. Just got a threat from a lady about one of my auctions. She is "personal" friends with the designer and said I'd better take it down. Seems the reason is it's in an AS IS lot. It's broken so won't sell on it's own. Not sure what to do? Can't we list names if they are included? She just seems offended that it's lumped in with "meaningless" pieces? 

TIA 
Kristy

WOW!  Sounds like old times.  There use to be a lot of this sort of thing.  Haven't heard about something like this in quite a while.  Sorry to see it's back.

Though the beauty may be in the butterfly, the struggle and growth occur in the cocoon.
Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Hi Sandy, I bet she has one like it for sale.. Any how there is nothing wrong with your listing! And I think I would say, "Thanks for looking! but mind your own business!"

Message 15 of 19
latest reply